[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Cannabis?

Cannabis?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cannabis?

Postby Brian » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:58 pm

is it ok to talk about cannabis now that you can get it on prescription?

http://worldtruth.tv/who-is-trying-to-patent-marijuana/
Last edited by Brian on Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
UKFM Member

Re: Cannabis oil?

Postby Brian » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 pm

I know this and it is prescribed to people with epilepsy as well so it is slowly starting to get prescribed for all the conditions it cures or helps,but I was informed that I wasn't allowed to speak about it but this is why I'm asking if it's ok to talk about it now if not just delete the full thread
Brian
UKFM Member

Re: Cannabis?

Postby ixel-chick » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Not certain how Cannabis Oil gonna be judged written about on the forum, but it should be ok, as it's being talked about as a medicine, not as any drug for recogrational use. :-D

I have been aware of it for a while (might have read it about on online from an Amercian site at some point), and of course my little brain was refreshed reading about the poor little girl in Australia who benefitted from it greatly (and her poor father who was then refused access to his child!).

I do belive that in the future, when people are ready to re-assess it, not just blindly claiming "it's a drug - it must be awful!", this will benefit a great many people. The oil is made so that it doesn't make people high, but still leaves the benefits of it, so people can find relief. However, it might be that it is of no help to people with fibro. But for cancer sufferers it seems that this might one day be of great help (or, considering how stubborn governments are - cancer might well be cured before they allow the use of cannabis oil!).

When you start thinking about - is coffee not a drug? What about asprin?

Alcohol on the other hand they are more than happy to be legal... and the amount of damage this stuff makes is unbelieveable. If alcohol only came on the maket today there's no way it would be legal.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Cannabis definitely helps fibromyalgia when ingested and I personnaly know people it has cured from cancer people that had been sent home to die as there was no more they coukd do for them,it is a miracle plant
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Under The Misuse Of Drugs Act 1971 Cannabis Oil is rated as a Class A substance and therefore illegal.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:13 am

I will never take an illegal substance, even if it does help.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:42 am

Brian
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:49 am

Interesting topic and some interesting views.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Brian » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Yes I know the difference and are you trying to say after all these years nobody has reported a cannabis overdose, do a bit of research and see how much you would need to consume before you died and you would be sleeping like a baby a long time before you got anywhere near that amount

It is just a conspiracy that cannabis is illegal so big pharma can make rubbish drugs that don't work and make billions of dollars off
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:01 pm

ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:28 am

Alright... you gotta help me out here, Brian... I've been searching, but so far cannot find any side-effects to cannabis oil. Surely there's gotta be some, however small.

Was just entertaining myself whilst watching "Ted", wanting to see how it compared to other drugs. But my searches came up with nothing at all, only thing I've found is that it's made from Charlotte's Web, and suitable for all ages, as it doesn't actually make people high. Legalised in a few states (US) already, and seems there's more to come, for the treatment of children with seisures.

As opposed to these drugs that many swallow without a single though:

Naproxen:
(tip for forum Admin - add BBcode Spoiler tag - that way things can be hidden, until people click to open it... list WAY too long for a post, and would be nice to have it as a "spoiler" instead)
Belching
bruising
difficult or labored breathing
feeling of indigestion
headache
itching skin
large, flat, blue, or purplish patches in the skin
pain in the chest below the breastbone
shortness of breath
skin eruptions
stomach pain
swelling
tightness in the chest
wheezing
Bloating
bloody or black, tarry stools
blurred or loss of vision
burning upper abdominal or stomach pain
cloudy urine
constipation
decrease in urine output or decrease in urine-concentrating ability
disturbed color perception
double vision
fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
halos around lights
indigestion
loss of appetite
nausea or vomiting
night blindness
overbright appearance of lights
pale skin
pinpoint red or purple spots on the skin
severe and continuing nausea
severe stomach burning, cramping, or pain
skin rash
swelling or inflammation of the mouth
troubled breathing with exertion
tunnel vision
unusual bleeding or bruising
unusual tiredness or weakness
vomiting of material that looks like coffee grounds
weight loss
Anxiety
back or leg pains
bleeding gums
blindness
blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
blood in the urine or stools
blue lips and fingernails
canker sores
change in the ability to see colors, especially blue or yellow
chest pain or discomfort
clay-colored stools
cold sweats
coma
confusion
cool, pale skin
cough or hoarseness
coughing that sometimes produces a pink frothy sputum
cracks in the skin
darkened urine
decreased vision
depression
diarrhea
difficult, burning, or painful urination
difficult, fast, or noisy breathing
difficulty with swallowing
dilated neck veins
dizziness
dry cough
dry mouth
early appearance of redness, or swelling of the skin
excess air or gas in the stomach
extreme fatigue
eye pain
fainting
fever with or without chills
fluid-filled skin blisters
flushed, dry skin
frequent urination
fruit-like breath odor
greatly decreased frequency of urination or amount of urine
hair loss
high fever
hives
increased hunger
increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
increased sweating
increased thirst
increased urination
increased volume of pale, dilute urine
irregular breathing
joint or muscle pain
large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
late appearance of rash with or without weeping blisters that become crusted, especially in sun-exposed areas of skin, may extend to unexposed areas
light-colored stools
lightheadedness
loss of heat from the body
lower back or side pain
nervousness
nightmares
no blood pressure
no breathing
no pulse
nosebleeds
numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips
pain in the ankles or knees
pain or burning in the throat
pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck
painful, red lumps under the skin, mostly on the legs
pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
pounding in the ears
puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
rapid, shallow breathing
red, irritated eyes
red skin lesions, often with a purple center
red-green color blindness
redness or other discoloration of the skin
redness, swelling, or soreness of the tongue
scaly skin
seizures
severe sunburn
shakiness
skin thinness
slurred speech
sneezing
sore throat
sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or tongue or inside the mouth
sores, welting, or blisters
spots on your skin resembling a blister or pimple
stiff neck or back
stomach cramps or tenderness
stomach upset
swelling in the legs and ankles
swelling of the face, fingers, feet, or lower legs
swollen, painful, or tender lymph glands in the neck, armpit, or groin
tiny bumps on the inner lining of the eyelid
unexplained weight loss
unpleasant breath odor
watery or bloody diarrhea
weakness or heaviness of the legs
weight gain
yellow eyes or skin

Scratch the "these drugs"... was gonna list a few, but with the ridiculously long list of side effects, I think just listing one drug is enough. :lol:

Smoking cannabis however:
Dizziness
Shallow breathing
Red eyes and dilated pupils
Dry mouth
Increased appetite
Slowed reaction time
Increased heart rate
Lower blood pressure
Increase bleeding

But... the above is related to smoking it. It will have the same medical effects, but also give the "high" effect. The cannabis oil does not make people high. As mentioned at the top of the post, I have not yet been able to find any side effects mentioned for the cannabis oil... if not Brian, hopefully someone else can help out!
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:20 am

Charlotte's web was a strain made for a little girl called Charlotte figi who suffered over 300 seizures a week then once she started the oil it went down to 5 a week then eventually none but she didn't smoke it she ate the oil as in most cases eating it works best except for skin cancer or burns then it is used as a tropical solution

There is to main ingredients in cannabis oil THC and CBD,THC is the bit that gets you stoned but is also needed in some cancer cures so you could call that a side effect of cannabis oil where as CBD doesn't get you stoned and it helps with a multitude of cancers and illnesses,THC destroys cancer cells but not the good cells

This would be my list of "side effects" of cannabis when you first start it
Tiredness=good nights sleep
Would effect driving=so don't drive if taking THC based cannabis
Munchies= have some food ready as you'll hit the munchies and everything will taste great

I can't think of anymore but I can think of loads of things it helps or cures I have Rick Simpson's E-book if you would like a copy pm me your email address and I'll send you a copy and you can read what stuff it cures/helps

Peoples views on this plant being a bad drug is all propaganda even the male versions of the plant hemp has healing powers plus you can make so many different materials out of it
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:40 am

ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:06 am

Yes Phoenix Tears is Ricks website

As much as I've read and I've read a lot on CBD and THC and there is no bad side effects it's all good,the sooner it's legalised the better in the UK
Brian
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication