[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Gabapentin

Gabapentin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Gabapentin

Postby Trish140363 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Was given some new tablets from gp last night to take instead of tramadol. .. they are called Gabapentin 300 mg. .. they helped me sleep (as tramadol didnt) but damn I've woken with a headache from hell, like I have a hangover! :(
Anyone else experience thus and is a temporary side effect? Xx
Trish140363
UKFM Member

Re: Gabapentin

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:39 pm

I've moved you into here Trisha as it's a more suitable board for your topic. There are a good number of other topics about Gabapentin that might want to have a bit of a looky at to give you more info about it and the sorts of things that you could possibly experience whilst taking it. Just type Gabapentin into the search box, hit enter, and references to it should appear.

From what I can recall, headaches can be a side effect for some when on Gabapentin, and in most cases they have tended to ease off after a week or 2.

It will probably take some time for you to feel the real benefits of the med as it needs time to build up in your system and take effect. This can be around a month for some, whereas others have found it can be up to 3 months for a noticeable difference to be felt. During this time the dosage tends to be gradually increased too.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby PennyJ » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:11 pm

I have been taking Gabapentin for two years and have felt the benefit..I take up to 800mgm per day..It helped my pelvic pain and it does help me sleep most nights. I do take a larger dose in the evening than during the day..sometimes it does not take away the pelvic pain and other days its fine, but thats how Fibro is, isn't it!!
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:54 pm

I was on it for months and it didn't do that much for me, it helped a little with pain but nothing with my sleep.

However, we are all very different and it's worth doing a search as there are other topics on this and as many varied answers as colours of the rainbow!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:45 pm

I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:47 pm

I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:15 pm

Thus proving my point :mrgreen: It didn't even make me slightly drowsy :roll:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Gabby did not cause headaches because I already had them, but lowing my dose of Duloxetine seems to have reduced them from daily to weekly.

I take 1800mg of gab and 20mg of ami and sleep happens a bit more, but pain or peeing will still wake me up. Plus since the change from tramadol to these other two meds, I cannot fully control my bladder which is quite upsetting....I'm only early 40's...not a Tena Lady yet!!!!
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication