[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Sertraline

Sertraline

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sertraline

Postby scottydog » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi all

Thought i had better start a new thread!

I delayed the start of Sertraline because we went away for a 3 day break. Unfortunately I was too poorly to enjoy myself snd we came back after 2 nights which was a real shame.

Feeling dreadful now and have been asleep since we came back. I REALLY hope to have improved by next Tuesday as it is my significant birthday.

Anyway I digress! I started the pills just 2 nights ago and have a bad head but not sure if that is because i overdid it or if it is a side effect of the new pill or not.

I have read reviews of the pill online and generally it is well received and advises to stick with any early side effects as they subside. So that's what i will do.

I will try and get up today to see if i can sit in the lounge and stay awake. Hope the bad head subsides soon and doesn't turn into the dreaded migraine that wipes me out.

As always gentle hugs to you all
x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Re: Sertraline

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Just a quickie reply scottydog, I'm on Sertraline, have been for 2~3 years now, and it's the on;y anti~d that has made a difference for me moodwise. I had a worsening of headaches for the first few weeks, but they eventually started settling back down. Compared to what I had experienced with other anti~ds tho, these were the easiest for me to handle. Will try and come back later with more of a reply xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Hope things go well and that headache disappears soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Maryanne » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi scottydog, I started on sertraline in early December and the first few days I lost my appetite and had nausea, then followed by strange chest pains all of which were side effects of starting the sertraline :yikes: but, thankfully everything settled down and these have been so good for me, my lifesavers. I have got " me " back. I truly hope that they work for you. :goodluck2: :hugs:
Maryanne
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 am

Thank you for the responses.

Still not feeling great but will stick with it as your experiences prove that the side effects ease after a couple of weeks then I could/should start to feel a bit better. :-D

Keeping everything crossed
x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Sadly I cannot tolerate Sertraline, it gave me severe restless leg syndrome.
Anything you are worried about see your GP. X
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi all

I think the A D is finally working. I now have a scooter to help me get out and about and leaving the house more now. Also finally received the date for the taster session of the pain management course it is a week Thursday.

Things are looking up at last :-D .

As always gentle hugs to you all.
x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:49 am

Big thumbs up to you scotty xxx
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:58 pm

What a nice update scottydog :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: It's good to hear things are heading towards somewhere lighter and brighter for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Glad to hear you are leaving the house more and also that you have your taster session - let me know what you think :)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby scottydog » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi all

Thank you for your support. To be honest i thought the pain clinic had forgotten about me so i was pleased to hear from them.

I haven't had a good week due to a headache every day this week culminating in a migraine today. Hopefully i should improve now I have had the migraine. I over did it last weekend, as i had a significant birthday to celebrate with hubby, and am paying for it this week. I have started to recognise my flares and how they affect me but still haven't get the hang of pacing hence my flare this week.

I will let you know how the taster session goes. I am looking forward to it and when it starts I will clear my diary so that I can rest before and after each session.

As always gentle hugs to you all x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby scottydog » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi all

Attended my Education Session and it wasn't at all as I had expected. I was expecting an overview of the pain management course but in fact it explained the difference between acute pain and chronic pain and how, people like us, have over sensitive nervous systems. Tbh it felt like a human biology lesson.

There are two courses you can, potentially, attend one called mindfulness and one called pain management. I am on the latter.

The course is held for 3 hours once a week for 8 weeks which concerned me. I took the presenter to one side to explain I really wanted to attend but didn't know whether I would actually be able to attend fully due to how poorly I am at the moment.

The course starts in May, hopefully, and I was assessed in January so it has been quite a long wait to get this far. I really hope I can attend the whole course and that it is beneficial to me as I need to get my pain under control because my life seems to be dominated by it.

I slipped into a flare after going out for my significant birthday with OH and had 2 migraines in 4 days last week. Happily going out today seems to have given me a bit of a boost. I was out for quite a while and keeping everything crossed that I don't pay for it.

Gentle hugs x
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi,

We had a bit of biology at our taster too, and less about the actual content. The cynic in me thinks this was because they were still confirming it ;-)

A lot of us didn't go to all sessions either, and they are fully aware of that and make allowances.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby scottydog » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Thanks Zia2014

I hope that the people running my course are as understanding. The presenter said that we shouldn't miss more than 2 sessions because we won't be able to keep up. If we do miss too many sessions she said we would have to drop out and wait for the next course to start.

We had a mixed bunch attending with the majority being women and there were people suffering with Rheumatoid Arthritis not just FMS/CFS.

I guess I will have to wait and see how it goes. I could do with something to stimulate me as all I do, at the moment, is watch TV and go to the local shops a couple of times a week.

Thanks again for your reply.
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi,

We have all said how much we miss it! Even just the purpose, company and being around people who 'get it' is worth its wait in gold, let alone what you learn. We have our 'debrief' (can't remember the right word!) tomorrow and it will be nice to see them all again.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication