[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Remembering to take Medication

Remembering to take Medication

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Remembering to take Medication

Postby Susieannie » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi all, I am newly diagnosed and experiencing my first flare up, or is it just how I will forever be? I was ok until I was weaned off of anti depressants and then boom hello Fibromyalgia!
This week I stupidly forgot to take both morning and lunchtime meds, I could physically feel my body start to tighten up on me, it was actually really scary, every movement became more awkward to make and I was very restless.
I then realised my mistake, I immediately took my meds and put myself to bed.
Think what shocked me most is the quickness of the way my body wanted to go back to the pre med tightened state I was only in just a few weeks ago before my diagnoses.
I guess I am still learning.
Susieannie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Remembering to take Medication

Postby ixel-chick » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:56 am

I'm rubbish at remembering to take my tabs. :-D

But luckily my body lets me know in a gentle way when one is overdue. No horrendous pain, it just starts creeping back 30-36 hours after the last tab.

Luckily I'm quite good at remembering when I have actually taken one though. :lol: Only been once I ended up taking two (I was distracted for a few hours, and had forgotten I'd already taken one)... realised I'd doubled up pretty quickly though, as the mouth started getting dry. Luckily it was bed-time anyway, so slept off the dry mouth (and any other potential side effects happening). :-)

PS: Welcome to the forum!
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby kazak » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:44 am

hi suiseannie
welcome to the forum. i too used to forget my meds(and very rarely still do) but i now have a weekly pill container which has 4 separate compartments per day and each days strip is removeable. i have my days strip near me and believe me i check often if ive taken them especially when i'm in a lot of pain.
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby helenfelen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:38 am

i also have a 4 section 7 day pill container - it's called a dosette - i also have alarms on my phone to tell me when to take them - if i forget i too get poorly and once when i ran out suddenly without a reorder i got very sick - managed to lose 5lb though! but wouldn't recommend it!
helenfelen
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:49 am

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Susieannie :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You're not alone with not remembering to take your meds, it's something that affects a good number of us along the way. I'm 15 years into my FibroQuest and still have times when I forget to take them.

There are some things you can try to see if it helps prompt you to take them. As kazak has said, a weekly meds/pill organiser box can be useful. As they split each day into segments, it is much easier to see if you have or haven't taken your meds at the right time. Another trick some have found useful is setting alarms and reminders on phones, tablets {the iPad kind} and pooters to go off at set times during the day.

Unfortunately, none of the ways you can use to help remind you are 100% guaranteed to work, but they do/can help reduces the chances/instances of you forgetting to take your meds at the appropriate times.

It didn't surprise me when I read about the way you describe your body feeling after forgetting your meds, as well as how quickly it came on. It's a very similar thing for me too, and quite often the only way I know I have missed a dose.

It's a constant learning curve with FM. Just as you seem to have got to grips with one issue, it then throws another spanner into the gubbins that needs to be dealt with. Taking it day~by~day tho, you'll learn your own triggers and signs that something is about to happen flarey~wise. And whilst you may not be able to stop it happening, having some plans in place for when it does hit can help make it a little easier to deal with and get thru.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ollycob » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:24 pm

I'maanother who's dreadful at remembering to take my meds, I have alarms set on my phone, a JRT who has learned to go mental st the sound of the alarm in case I'm asleep/haven't heard it and my OH and bessie mate who constantly nag me to take them! It's an unconventional set up but it works lol :D
Ollycob
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:57 pm

I put alarms on my phone as I wont remember otherwise. And sometimes when my alarm goes off I still forget as sometimes I'm busy doing something!
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby WENMARIE » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Hi

I have a dosage box which I leave in a prominent place in my kitchen so I am reminded to take them.

My local chemist has a new service whereby they put all your medication into blister packs which I am going to take advantage of.

Just don't stop taking your medication because you have missed a dose, use whatever means helps you

:-D
WENMARIE
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:52 pm

I keep mine with my Vit D next to my water so I take them in the morning.

If I have ones that I need to take in the evening I am terrible at remembering. And when I set alarms I have a terrible habit of ignoring them :nono:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Nellyphant » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:29 pm

I set alarms on my phone otherwise I forget and pay for it.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication