Sertraline personal question

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sertraline personal question

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:15 am

Since my first dose I've been struggling to urinate. I've read online that this could be a side effect but I don't know how long it will last. I don't feel an urge to go. I feel something but not how I used to. And when I go it comes and goes out and I really have to concentrate :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Sertraline personal question

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:34 am

Sorry to hear you're having some side effects with it. :(

How long have you been taking them for? If it's still the first week, it could very well be that things will go back to normal again, but if it's been a while might want to pop by the doc to see if it's normal for it to continue.

I had no side effects at all apart from depression on sertraline. Not even the yawning that most people get in the beginning.

The depression came after 2 months in. It was bad. My mind wandered to places no healthy mind has any business. I realised the tablets were the cause (I did enough recreational drugs in my youth to know the difference between the drugs talking, and me talking. :lol: There's an up-side to everything), and stopped taking them.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Re: Sertraline personal question

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 am

Hi hun x I started the Friday night. Its just since then I struggle to go. I'm usually bursting by the morning for a wee but I only had this slight feeling. Tried to go and it came and went several times and I had to,push. I expect it could stop affecting me after a week. Thinking I might double check with gp. He said this med is the one with the least side effects. Trust me to get one lol
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication