Got Myself an Actipatch!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Got Myself an Actipatch!

Postby TNK* » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:57 pm

So the arthritis in my knee has been giving me jip for a while again now, so ive decided to give it a go.

ive looked into getting one for a few weeks and thought next time ive a few spare pennies i will "treat" myself.

I think the big seller for me is that you can sleep in it, as its during the night it seems to play up more, dont know why that is as im on my feel most days so you would think it would be then, but whatever the reason nighttimes are ruined for me anyway with the insomnia, RLS and now for the last few weeks the return of the arthritis.

Ive just come home and ive put it on, it looks a bit odd and im not going to be able to wear it under a pair of leggings and the mini skirts are going to have to go to the back of the wardrobe, but i wear looser smart trousers for work and it wont show under them!

Anyone had/got an Actipatch??
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Got Myself an Actipatch!

Postby carolad » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:36 pm

No...but I did read about them and wondered if they were worth trying. Let us know how you get on :-)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby lynlyn1212 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:50 am

I tried one on my back for 7 days. No change. Knees may have better luck and I guess it depends on type and cause of pain. Good luck.
lynlyn1212
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Im on my 3rd day now and i have to say the first 2 days i wasnt impressed, the first night i ws waking up crying in my sleep with the pain...this is normal for me, and was feeling a pit peed off that it hadnt worked, but i have persevered, and I have to admit, today has felt a lot better.

I have just come home from work, which was 4 hours waiting tables, and usually im limping round and feeling the ache at every step, I have come home now and i cant feel a thing.

I have had my painkillers as usual, but even with them i still get a lot of breakthrough pain. ive got the 720 hours one so im going to keep it on for as long as i can, obviously taking it off for baths etc.
I have bought some micropore tape today to tape it to my knee as the strap it comes with is a bit bulky and looks like a jock strap so wearing leggings with it is a no no. what ive done today (before buying the tape) is ive cut the leg off a pair of tights and used that to keep it in place, it seemed to do the job especially as i was wearing leggings. I was thinking about tubigrip but you are not supposed to sleep in that due to circulation.
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Kayleigh » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 pm

I tried it but no effect at all unfortunately. There's not a lot I haven't tried now.
Kayleigh
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication