Physio overdid it and left me in a lot of pain

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Physio overdid it and left me in a lot of pain

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:56 pm

I have seen him a few times now and the last time he did this thing where he kept pressing on the knots in my spine, something like that. Anyway when he started I said "Should it be agony" and he said no, but only lightened the pressure slightly. I'm annoyed I didn't say anything, because for 3 days after that my back was AGONY and I couldn't bear to sit or lie because of the pressure on my back. Wonderful. He also hurt my shoulders, so my sleep was badly affected because every time I tried to move I had shooting pain all over.

My back is now better as in I can bear things on it again, although it still hurts. But my shoulders are still agony.

I'm annoyed at him for overdoing it and more at myself for not speaking up more. But you know when they say "it will hurt now but will feel better later"?

Ha. Yeah right :roll:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Re: Physio overdid it and left me in a lot of pain

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:23 pm

Thanks. It wasn't trigger point therapy though. It was a bog standard physio treatment that I had a lot before fibro. It never felt like that then. And it wasn't just sore, it was more painful than any fibro pain. I won't be having it again that's for sure.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication