Has anybody tried acupuncture with success?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Has anybody tried acupuncture with success?

Postby Dog Lady » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:51 am

Hi folks

I've turned to acupuncture to try and relieve the pain but I'm not having much success in the back area.

The lady did say it would take a number of sessions (and it's certainly cheaper than the osteopath). First session was great, second session I managed a whole day without pain, my next session is Friday but I'm wondering if this is going to work.

Has anybody had acupuncture and found it of benefit?
Dog Lady
UKFM Member

Re: Has anybody tried acupuncture with success?

Postby Paula200 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:44 am

Hi I have not tried acupuncture but I am currently having reflexology which I am finding helpful very relaxing and really nice. I gave herd that acupuncture takes a while I new a guy who had something wrong with his back and he said it was the best thing he had done for pain relief but agreed to took a while to kick in. Good luck xx
Paula200
UKFM Member

Postby Polaris » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:49 am

I received acupuncture at the Royal London Homeopathic hospital but they had to stop the treatments as they were making me worse.

The very first time I received acupuncture was just after my former GP had completed a course and used it to treat incredibly severe sciatica I had been experiencing for months which had left me totally incapacitated. He used 1 needle for 1 minute and repeated the procedure over 3 weeks. The treatment at the time was successful and I've never had such bad sciatica since.
Polaris
UKFM Member

Postby caz666 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:10 am

I've had accupuncture for about 7 years now for the pain in my shoulders, and it was instant relief for me. I go for top up sessions every 3 months now, and I can say that it really works for me.
caz666
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Yes, my GP does acupuncture and I had a 6 week course - it did help but I found I couldn't face the needles anymore. I took a course on reflexology and each week we practiced on one another. I didn't realise until the course ended just how much good it had done me. I would recommend reflexology to anyone, it is relaxing and clears out a lot of toxins from the body. Having said that I need to find one locally.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby Nickyw15 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Yes! I have had 5 Element Acupuncture and it has changed my life. I have Fibro and have suffered a lot with pain and fatigue when I was first diagnosed. But since having the 5 Element Acupuncture the difference in my condition is amazing! It has not gone away but I suffer far less than I did - what a god send this has been for me - I have a top up every year as I go to a private clinic in London and it seems to keep me going. I only believe in the 5 element one as that's the one that has changed my life. The flare-ups I do have with fibro is so much more easier to deal with as they are not as frequent and I do not suffer like I did.
Hope this helps
Nicky
Nickyw15
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dog Lady » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:23 pm

I'm just a little bothered because everytime the pain comes back it seems to be a bit worse, not necessarily in the same area but more painful.

One thing I will say is I haven't had headache for 3 weeks which is a blessing.
Dog Lady
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Thu May 28, 2015 8:45 am

Yeah. Go for it you have nothing to lose.
My GP did it for me a few years ago for my osteoarthritis and it gave me relief for almost two weeks. Not bad at all!
I don't know why but the clinic stopped him from doing it soon after. It was kind of his personal hobby.
I'm sure it could work as well for any pain. If it doesn't work for you, at least you tried and if it does you're laughing right?
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication