Magnesium/Magnesium malate

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Magnesium/Magnesium malate

Postby Gilly52 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:53 am

Hello everyone

Just lately I have been reading a lot about Magnesium and over time the mention of Magnesium Malate seems to be the better option for fibro and chronic fatigue symptoms.

I would be happy to hear from anyone who has been taking a magnesium supplement.

Hope everyone is as well as we can be.

Many thanks, take care
Gilly X
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Re: Magnesium/Magnesium malate

Postby carolad » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi Gilly

I sometimes have an epsom salt bath because you can absorb magnesium through your skin - I think this is magnesium sulphate though, I've never heard of magnesium malate though, so it may be completely different! I'm off to read up about magnesium malate now :-) x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:07 am

Hi Gilly,

I started to take Magnesium Sulphate as I had heard it could improve nerve and brain function, which I thought would be good as my brain does not function, but I have not found any improvement, in fact I seem to be worse...:(

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks Queenie and Carolad for your replies.

This is a link for magnesium info....www.naturopathconnect.com/articles/magnesium-miracle/

I read about magnesium malate being the most suitable type for fibro, by inserting magnesium malate into the search box on this forum.

Yes, Epsom Salts....good intake of magnesium by a good soak in the bath....sadly had my bath taken out, now just have a shower, but all is not lost.....I add the salts to my foot spa and hope for absorption through the soles of my weary feet !!!

Have a good weekend, hopefully as pain free as possible :-D

Gilly X
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks Gilly, I'll have a read :-) x
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby MPSGuy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 am

I have been taking Solgar Magnesium Citrate 2 tablets per day (400mg).
I think it was worth a go but after 4 months I don't think they have made any difference and I probably will not order more.

Be warned they are large tablets and you will need a big gulp of water to get them down!
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby Auntie Jo » Sun May 03, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks for posting this. I take Magnesium Chelate mainly as it helps with constipation but I hadn't heard of the Malate form of Magnesium. I'll certainly have a look into this. Anything is worth a try. Thanks again.
Auntie Jo
UKFM Member

Postby dobermann84 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:34 pm

I've tried probably every form of magnesium, and i do really like magnesium malate. although i found magnesium oil was without a doubt the best. Its topical so you just rub it into your muscles. its meant to have the highest rate of absorption as oral magnesium supplements aren't fully absorbed and can cause stomach upset at higher doses.
dobermann84
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication