Alpha Lipoic Acid tablets

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Alpha Lipoic Acid tablets

Postby Auntie Jo » Sun May 03, 2015 11:49 am

Has anyone tried the above for help with pain? I started off on Gabapentin which made by Ibs unbearable, then went on to Pregabalin. The Pregabalin helped with the pain but made me very forgetful and I was living in a daydream on just 150mg daily ( 3 x 50mg). Because of this I couldn't function so have cut down to 100mg daily on doctors advice and of course pain is now back! A friend said she had read somewhere about Alpha Lipoic Acid being of help with nerve pain. I have tried taking 600mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid daily over the past few weeks but have found no difference. I'd be really interested if anyone else has tried this tablet.
Auntie Jo
UKFM Member

Re: Alpha Lipoic Acid tablets

Postby iblinkin » Sun May 03, 2015 3:14 pm

iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Auntie Jo » Sun May 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Thanks for the website information. I'll give it a bit longer and see if it helps.
Auntie Jo
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon May 18, 2015 6:17 am

I went to see an ME consultant as I was concerned with my fatigue levels and associated PEM. he suggested ALA tablets to aid cellular energy production and I took them for about 4 months . In hind sight they probably did me some good but for some reason ( I can't remember why , possibly just not organised ) I stopped taking them and have gone back to being very fatigued most of the while with substantial PEM after I try even the simplest of activity . I keep meaning to go back on them again but just never get around to it.

Do keep on them for a good 3-4 months to help get them in your system and if you find they work for you don't just drop them as I did.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication