Intra nuscular stimulation anyone?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Intra nuscular stimulation anyone?

Postby tintagel » Mon May 18, 2015 9:29 am

Out of desperation for my worsening and life stopping fibro symptoms, unhelped by my GP and prescription drugs, I have embarked on a course of IMS(intra muscular stimulation) with a qualified physiotherapist.
I have only had two sessions so far. It's a strange one, because it has helped my worst areas of pain, but in doing so it has caused severe pain in other areas. A double edged sword so far. In addition, I have felt more unwell, as in dizziness and poor temperature regulation of my body. Of course maybe this was coming anyway.
Does anybody here have any experience of IMS or further information. I am due my next treatment tomorrow.

Thankyou.
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: Intra nuscular stimulation anyone?

Postby Zia2014 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:43 am

Hi,

Is that the same as Myofascial release, or something else?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Re: Intra nuscular stimulation anyone?

Postby tintagel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:27 am

Hi,
I had 3 months of IMS over the summer. It was very painful and the pain did get worse before it got better. However, it quite definitely helped me. I was not ever pain free but it damped it down enough to actually enjoy life again and my sons wedding in August. I am now 6 weeks on from my last treatment and the pain is getting quite severe again and I have read it is not a permanent fix for fibro and top up treatment is needed. I intend to go back next week. Obviously I don't know if one treatment will help or if I will need more and it is £40 a session. However, it is the most effective (only effective ) treatment I have ever had, done all the meds pain clinic etc to no avail. My advice is, if you can afford it, keep with it.
Hope this helps. x
tintagel
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication