effexor

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

effexor

Postby sheppy » Mon May 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi, I have been on effexor for 6 days 75mg a day, I feel like I want to sleep all day,feel miserable and down, shaky and nervousness with them, thinking of coming off them before they take a hold of me and going onto Prozac, was on them a few years ago and was ok for me, but reading that it doesn't help with fibro pain, so knowing what to do x
sheppy
UKFM Member

Re: effexor

Postby caramia » Mon May 25, 2015 3:50 pm

I take effexor 75mgs Xl , I think it is great, dread ever being without it ! It does take a wee while though to get past the initial side effects but worth persevering in my opinion. Hope this gives you encouragement to keep on it a bit longer to get past the initial hurdle! ;-)
caramia
UKFM Member

Postby sheppy » Wed May 27, 2015 12:58 pm

what is the difference of effexor and effexor xl, day 8 and not too bad just side effects, badly constipated, weeing problems, none existed orgasms which is annoying, dry mouth, tired and headaches, will they go away x
sheppy
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Thu May 28, 2015 8:40 am

I was on Effexor years ago but for depression (it was before my current state of affairs was an issue) it worked really well for the depression but...
Among other things it killed off my libido which (along with osteoarthritis) led to my wife cheating lots which led to the inevitable death of my marriage and all the hard work which went towards it (getting her citizenship for example) and of course, broke my heart into so many pieces I still haven't found them all...
That's gratitude for ya!
Now I'm lonely, burdened with a horrible unsympathetic family who don't understand and am undateable...
and she's getting her Masters degree and is living the dream!

10/10 for the depression relief but 0/10 for the side effects and conflicts with partners.
Wouldn't do it again. Marriage neither (not without a pre-nup anyway)
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication