Amitriptyline

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Amitriptyline

Postby Redminx » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:19 am

Ive been on this for over 5yrs and dispite taking 50mg at nite i dnt sleep and does only take the edge off the pain this has been the case for six months now. I have not been exercising as much and think this mayb the reason.
Redminx
UKFM Member

Postby stedavey » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 am

Hi guys it was my first night on amitriptyline last night and I've woken up a bit like a zombie.

I've found it hard to actually get out of bed and as soon as I went down stairs I had to come strait back up to ley on my bed again my head is also a bit fuzzy and my eyes are rather dry and blurry until I rub them.

Any advice guys ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
stedavey
UKFM Member

Postby GayleRuth1978 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:47 am

Hi Stedavey,
I had to stop taking them because of this. I have tried 3 times on them now and each time had to stop - what time in the evening are you taking them? I was advised to take them around 12 hours before you need to be awake to give yourself time to come round.

I cannot function on them at all - also other meds that you are taking will affect you too.

Good Luck

xx
GayleRuth1978
UKFM Member

Postby stedavey » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 am

Well I took it at 10pm :/ I'm thinking that was a bad decision now.
I only took one pill and it's only 10 mg is really that powerful to affect me this away for such a small amount ? What are you taking in replacement?

stedavey
UKFM Member

Postby changeoflife » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:43 am

Ive found after a bit of experimenting, to wake at a reasonable time, its best to take them around 6pm. They take a few hours to kick in, but i get a good sound sleep and wake about 8am. Still takes about an hour to come to, flask of coffee, lovingly left by hubby before he leaves for work at 5.45am, to take morning meds with and to get rid of dry mouth. Its really been a life-saver for me, the lack of sleep for the first six months or so, was really wearing me down. I really do feel sorry for those who just dont get on with it or find it doesnt work for them.
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Postby stedavey » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:54 am

Hmm maybe ill give it another go tonight !! I'll try 6 pm that way I should be ok to be "normal" for anytime after 7 then

It's been 12 hours 52 minutes since taking and I still feel rather sleepy ... hoping the affects ware off soon and I got a 5 year old boy running around and twins aged 1 climbing on me haha

stedavey
UKFM Member

Postby changeoflife » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:53 pm

I do feel sorry for you that have this along with trying to care for not only yourself but young children also, it must be so hard. I'm thankfull I suppose that I fell I'll with this after I'd completed the last 25 years of bringing up my four children, yet it's still difficult trying to maintain some sort of normal life around them, they still expect meals, washing etc to be magically done :lol: They sort of get used to me wobbling around trying to be like I was, it's my own fault I suppose, I'm very proud and stubborn sometimes and push myself and will continue to do so to live some sort of normal life, I'm determined this is not going to beat me!
Stand for something or fall for everything!
changeoflife
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication