BuTrans Patches

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

BuTrans Patches

Postby ktgreen123 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Today I have been prescribed 5mgBuTran patches and just wanted people's opinions on them and how they find they work for Fibro.

I'm really apprehensive about using them as they are a long term fix and not just a tablet.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.
Kate x
ktgreen123
UKFM Member

Re: BuTrans Patches

Postby iblinkin » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:42 pm

iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Darron » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Found them useful to start with but now the pain is back, the only thing that stays the same is the constant feeling of being on something illegal
Darron
UKFM Newbie

Postby UnderSiege » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi.

Iblinkin, I followed the link you put up re butrans... sounds like strong stuff to me but the link doesn't say what it is.
Is it an opiate? Anything like Fentanyl? I've been on Fencino patches for over 2 years, 12's and 25's, and they do absolutely squat... nothing at all. Seems the only reason I put them on is so they look like a little tattooed logo on my arm and ppl think I'm hip or cool lol.
I did ask but the GP wouldn't up my dose any more (citing concerns of addiction and compromised immunity if I recall) Of course, having missed a re-patching or two I know exactly how I'd fare if I had to quit... Not nice at all.
So I'm stuck with useless Fencino, useless but nicely soporific co-codamol and Feldene which I can't apply as I'm all alone and have nobody to rub on for me...
I need better meds so I can get on more. Any ideas anybody? (so I can go to GP and say I want this or else...)

Darron, I know exactly what that feeling of being on something illegal is but with me it's reasonable to high doses of co-codamol that does it. I though that was supposed to be pretty 'light' compared to some painkillers...
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby Lindenp » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi UnderSiege, I searched on Google and came up with this:
'Butrans skin patches contain buprenorphine, an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic'. If you want more info try searching on Google, it looks like there is plenty of info available.

Gentle Hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Linden
Lindenp
UKFM Member

Postby Lawrence » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi there.
I have been on 2x20mg patches now for 3 weeks as I had serious problems with codeine that got out of control. They have been used for my pain and for withdrawal but I don't rate them on either. My withdrawal is still very bad as I was on codeine for over 7 years and the patches make my skin itchy, red and very sore at the site of patch. My doctor is now looking into an alternative.
Lawrence
UKFM Newbie

Postby cdcrossy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 am

i take a 35mg 4 day patch which is hight im told im also on a number of meds with this but the patches gave me a rash and made my skin sore im only now found one that works properly as the dr's send the prescription over to your chemist with no make on so u get what your chemist has in stock
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication