5-htp

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

5-htp

Postby kristinatynan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi, can anyone offer me advice on 5-htp? Ive been researching it but the majority of the information seems to be about using it for depression, although using it for fibro is mentioned. When is the most effective time to take it? What dosage should i be on? Does it even work? I've been taking it for a little while and i can tell that my morning stiffness is a little less but I'm wondering if this can be improved by really knowing more about taking it.
Thanks guys xx
kristinatynan
UKFM Newbie

Re: 5-htp

Postby thoughtmatters » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:29 am

I've been taking it for about three months, gradually increasing the dosage to 100 mg, three times a day. It has helped with my mood, and decreased anxiety, and it seemed to alleviate some of the stiffness. Then I went away for three weeks and stopped taking it - and really noticed how much stiffer I'd become! My sister accused me of practicing my zombie walk for Hallowe'en...

I'd recommend trying it. Start slowly and increase the dose until you notice a difference.
thoughtmatters
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication