[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Ice baths?

Ice baths?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ice baths?

Postby pepperpot29 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:19 am

hi there. a friend of mine recently suggest ice baths as a method for helping with my aches and pains caused by fibromyalgia. they are supposed to be amazing for sports people who have sore muscles from training etc. I wondered if anyone on here had tried them with any success?
thanks for reading :-) x
pepperpot29
UKFM Newbie

Re: Ice baths?

Postby sandiepandie » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:54 pm

For me - HELL NO ! Cold makes the pain a million times worse. I may be different but cold causes the most awful cramps and muscle spasms as well as pain. I personally find soaking in a wonderfully warm bath brings a little relief.
The cold weather also affects me terribly too.

Maybe we're all different in how hot or cold affects us.
sandiepandie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm another who finds a warm bath makes much more of a difference to how I feel, esp when compared to a cold/ice bath. The only way to know what will help you tho, is to give it a go :goodluck2: and let us know what you find out xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pepperpot29 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate you taking the time. Will keep you updated. x
pepperpot29
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Will be interesting to hear how you go on pepperpot29 and :welcome: to our little FibroFamily :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jo90 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:24 am

I did once read of someone went swimming in a very cold sea and it completely cured her ME! I wonder who will be brave enough to try it?
Jo90
UKFM Member

Postby HealingWishes » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:05 pm

Oh my goodness! :shock: Getting even slightly cold makes my Fibro pains ten times worse & brings on new pains - An ice bath would have me in agony and muscles cramped up stiff as a board for sure! :yikes: Cold is my kryptonite! :nono: It's heat that helps my pains. A hot bath with zechstein magnesium flakes & essential oils is what I find helpful for the pain.
Besides, as far as I know, you only use cold for fresh injury with inflammation, like a badly sprained ankle that is swollen and hot and throbbing. This is not how to treat fibromyalgia! :nono:
I'm sure your friend was trying to help but most people have very little knowledge of Fibro and can do more harm than good by suggesting things like that imo. X
HealingWishes
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jull » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:09 pm

In Russia (or somewhere if I'm wrong) there are an occasion that people get into ice cold beach and dip their body in it. So I think it can be a cure, but not everyone has courage to do it. I don't courage you to dip yourself in the ice bath. If you can't take it, you just put your health in danger.
Jull
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication