[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Drugs

Drugs

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Drugs

Postby Bobby16 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 pm

I've had amitriptyline prescribed 10mg of a night. Prescribed 3 months ago when I was diagnosed. I promised the rhumatlogist I would try them. They still go unopened. I've had a few reactions to medications that have made me very unwell. I'm frightened to take them. I have severe fatigue. I can't see how they will help. Only make the fatigue worse is what I'm thinking. Any advice. Thanks.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Re: Drugs

Postby perseus » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:06 am

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Bobby16 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi. I've still not tried my medication. I'm thinking that it will make the severe fatigue worse. What concerns me now is, Im in a continual rotation when I go to bed. The pain and muscle problems are bad. Is it a natural response to pain. A sub concious response. Telling me something is wrong and I need to move.sometimes my limbs are numb, totally. I think if I take the medication, yes it might help me get a deep sleep. But will I be able to move at all if I'm not moving all night long. Thanks
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi Bobby

I found that when I took Amitriptyline, it did help for about 2 months, then stopped being effective.
The only issue I had with them, was a hangover feeling in the morning - I couldn't cope with that feeling.
It didn't increase the fatigue though, nor did I have any (more than usual) increased in morning stiffness.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Bobby16 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi Lindy , I tried amitriptyline one night. Last week. I am trying to help put myself in a more positive position. I think it did help that night. The following day late afternoon I felt the effects of it. I could drive. my husband had to drive me. I'm not going to take another one.It was what I expected. Made the severe fatigue worse.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication