[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lyrica/Pregabalin

Lyrica/Pregabalin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lyrica/Pregabalin

Postby Carolyn » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:08 am

Hi Everyone,

Haven't posted for a while.Has anyone tried Lyrica and what are your experiences with it?. Have read a little about it but would like to have a bit more info before approaching my GP.

Carolyn
Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:06 pm

I've been on it about a year I think, I'm on 200mg 3 times a day.
It Works!
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:29 am

Thanks Buffy. Are there any side effects?

Gentle Hugs

Carolyn
Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby holly » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:46 am

Hi ya

Sorry but what is Lyrica and is it something that your GP prescribes?

bye :)
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:58 pm

Hi Holly,

Lyrica is a drug that your GP would have to prescribe. If you put in Lyrica Fibromyalgia under Google on your computer you can find out more about it. It was first used to treat epilepsy but they have found it helps nuro pain. I found out about it thru an article in the FaMily mag.

Gentle Hugs

carolyn
Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Wed May 10, 2006 10:51 am

Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Wed May 10, 2006 1:16 pm

BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Wed May 10, 2006 6:34 pm

Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Wed May 10, 2006 7:54 pm

BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

lyrica Pregabalin

Postby mosey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:31 pm

I have been taking this drug for nearly 2 years now 150mg x 4 times a day and it does help enormously - not a cure but what a better quality of life. Weight gain has been the side effect for me.

Mo
mosey
UKFM Newbie

Postby DarkPain » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:21 pm

It worked like a magic wand for about 4 weeks for me then I got PMS and it started working less, then it stopped working completely :( What a shame, it was wonderful while it lasted...
I feel like I know her but sometimes my arms bend back.
DarkPain
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lis » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:35 pm

I've just taken myself of them after using it for about a year, a few days off them and my hands/fingers and feets/legs have never swollen up again! It must have been this that was causing it
Lis
UKFM Member

pregabalin

Postby Adriana Samuels » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:16 pm

Hello,

I wonder if you can help. I have just been prescribed pregabalin and I am absolutely terrified, after reading about the probable and common side effects. My doctor seems to find my fears amusing, but I don't. What I don't understand is, does it help only with the pain? I say "only" because, as we all know, fibromyalgia involves much more than pain. The doctors have already told me it won't cure me (we know nothing does yet), and I'm wondering if I won't be better off trying to cope with the pain than taking a medicine that seems to have such adverse side-effects.

Also, the side-effects seem to be all symptoms that I already suffer from, so I can't imagine how can things be like if I make them worst. The sleepiness, the confusion, the dizziness, and about half of the less common side-effects are things I already have to deal with (I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and Sjogren syndrome). I also worry about the weight gain. Isn't that supposed to be not good at all for fibromyalgics? I've been telling myself I'll try it when I have nothing to do, because I'm sure that if I feel more sleepy, confused and exhausted than I do now I won't be able to do anything at all, but then, I don't seem to find the time when I have nothing to do.

I am very scared also of the probable emotional side-effects. I'm propense to depression (as many of us are), and some years ago I had a dreadful experience with prescribed medications that were meddling with my brain. For the past few months, in spite of the health problems, I have been in wonderful good spirits, optimistic and happy; the mere idea of experimenting with a new drug that may bring all that down makes me shiver. So the final question would be, is it worth it? If it may help with the pain only but make all of the other fibromyalgia symptoms worse (and we know that pain is only part of the problem), what's the point?

Sorry about the panicky tone of my message, but I really am afraid and tend to look at the box of pregabalin on my bookshelf as a kind of potential terrorist attack.

Thanks!

Adriana
Adriana Samuels
UKFM Newbie

Postby cat123 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:15 am

hi from cat.yes ive got abox of them in my ever increasing kitchen cuboard!i also have had bad times with differant meds and i dont think its a bad thing being careful about what you take.i keep looking at mine too!who around the forum had tried these tablets?see post above.
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Adriana Samuels » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:01 pm

Thanks a lot, Cat. For the comments in this forum it seems it's not that bad. Then again I found another forum or website (I don't remember which) where people were talking about truly dreadful experiences with it, so I truly am horribly confused. :shock: And a bit scared. I'll keep on thinking about it and maybe I'll be brave enough to try it on the Christmas holiday.

Have a nice weekend.

Adriana
Adriana Samuels
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Treatments & Medication