[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lyrica/Pregabalin

Lyrica/Pregabalin

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby cat123 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:53 pm

you know them stories you have been reading that have put you off them new tablets,i wouldent take too much notice,we are all very differant and all take differant meds,proberbley in all sorts of combinations ,so no two people are going to get the same reactions. so stop worrying and try them!As a matter of interest i dont suffer from depression,i feel sad at times,but thats me.I did used to suffer with depression before the fibro,but seem escape from it now.maybe when you have fibro as long as i have ,its a case of accepting fibro and living with it.so keep your chin up and dont let the bitch get you down.Let me know how the tablets goxxxxxcat
cat123
UKFM Member

Lyrica

Postby robertcohen » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:36 am

This is the best drug on the market and it works.

I tried everything from Burpenophine patches. Tramadol, Gabapentin and Cannabis.

This drug works at it best at the dosage of 150mg a day and again at night. Although you can take 300mg at night as the maximum dose, although it best to stay at 150 x2 and go from there.
robertcohen
UKFM Member

Re: Lyrica/Pregabalin

Postby becki62002 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:33 pm

I have just started Pregabalin today but at a low dose, i'm hopeful it will help! I'm also on a high quantity of morphine (MST) & am curious as to what other meds people take in combination with Pregabalin? If it helps i'd be eager to increase the dose but reluctant to reduce my MST. Advice?
becki62002
UKFM Newbie

Re: Lyrica/Pregabalin

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Becki, this is an old topic on Pregabalin so I'm not sure how relevant things are on it. If you have a bit of search thru things, you should find some more recent ones that could help with what you're wondering about. Or start a new topic of your own to hopefully get you some suitable replies.

I've not tried the med yet, so not much help from me I'm afraid :( :( :( :( From what has been said about it on here tho, the dosage is usually increased over time until the appropriate daily level is reached, and it can take anywhere from 1 to 3~4 months to fully get into your system and make its effects felt.

If you're considering reducing your MST levels, this really needs to be discussed with your GP so a suitable plan can be made for you to do it.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication