[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - has anyone tried nortriptyline?

has anyone tried nortriptyline?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

has anyone tried nortriptyline?

Postby angelina101 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:36 pm

has anybody tried this drug nortriptyline.my dr has just put me on it for fibro as pregabalin wasnt working.i just collected my pill but theres no leaflet with them at all as they have put 28 pills in a small bottle obv from a bigger bottle.it just says take 1 25mg a day.just wondering if its best in morn or evening to take? or if anyone had side affects?xx
angelina101
UKFM Member

Re: has anyone tried nortriptyline?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm on them, was prescribed them to help with pain and sleep instead of amitriptyline as I was struggling with dryt mouth due to the amis. I've found them much better to cope with. I take them at night, so if I had any side effects, I probably slept thru most of them :facepalm: I find I don't feel quite as groggy with them, altho my sleep and pain are still all over the place :tongueout: :tongueout:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 pm

oh ok then thanx.i will try taking them at night too.seems logical.i had bad dry mouth too on amitryp.was horrible n couldnt hardly talk sometimes.actually was quite embarassing cos it happened when i was in tribunal for incap benefits.i had terrible dry mouth so had a bottle of batter in a bum bag around my weaste.n it leaked during court all over my lap.soembarassing lol.xthanx for your advice
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:29 pm

If any meds are suggested to me by my dr, I always give them a go, as you never know, it could be something that makes a difference. Hope they help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Bet the water leaking at your tribunal was rather :oops: :oops: But then again, I've had plenty of those :oops: :oops: times :lol: :lol:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:10 pm

yes i will do the same fluppypuffy.dr said if these dont work i gotta go to pain clinic.?ive only tried pregabalin n this new one! see what happens.x
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 pm

There are various meds that an be tried in different combinations, this linky will take you to the NHS Choices about FM and meds

If the nortriptyline isn't right for you ( :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it does help :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: ) then maybe taking some info from the site might be an idea, but hopefully you won't need to :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: I was told it could take up to 4 weeks for the noris to get into my system properly, so don't be too surprised if it's a similar thing for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:58 pm

ok i will give it time then thanx.if no help will look on ye link.thank u.x
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby angelina101 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:50 pm

hello again fluppypuffy.just another quick question about nortriptyline......does it or can it make ye skin really itchy?im so itchy thru last night and today but dont have a rash or anything.how are you today too? i woke upfeeling like i been released from prison for the day ....feeling brighter nless pain.havent had a day like this for weeks.still ended up sleep most of the aft tho lol.x
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:22 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:43 pm

ok thanx again fluppypuffy.i had googled it but didnt seem to find much .will contact my doc if am v worried.it not too bad today.thanx
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Hope it keeps getting better for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:14 pm

yes i would like that too but this is how it usually is for me.1 or 2 better days then lots of bad ones.would be v v shocked if pills worked already as on been on it few days.i also have diabetes and pernicous anaemia too so i think they contribute to my condition too especially my tiredness.thanx so much for your advice and help.its brill having this forum.can talk bout it all to my hearts content as mates dont really wanna listen.i think they just think im moaning lol.
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby Sue1968 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi, I was on amitriptyline for 10+ years, I came off them at my request as they weren't working, I wasn't offered anything else by the GP but I saw the neurologist at withington hospital 10/7/2013 and he offered them to me, I am waiting to go onto a pain management programme via the hospital pain clinic, which will be in October, I think, so he gave me these nortriptyline tablets in the meantime, he said I could increase them every 7-10 days upto a maximum of 150 mg( if I didn't find I got relief from any particular dose). I'm seeing the GP later on so I'm going to get them to fast track the prescription for me(hopefully) so I can start them ASAP as I have a blister pack of meds and so have 3 weeks to get to a desired dose so they can go into the next lot of blister packs, I will post and let you know how. Get on with them. :-)
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Sue, this topic on nortriptyline is a couple of years old now, and I haven't seen the OP on here for quite a while. There are some more recent ones on the med that may be more helpful to you.

As it says earlier in the topic, they can take up to a month before you start to feel their benefits, so it seems a little strange to me that you would be told about increasing the dosage every 7~10 days :-? :-? :-? With any med, I have always been told to give it a good try at the initial starting dose (approx 4 weeks when I was on noris) and then try an increase after then if the level doesn't seem to be helping, again for a decent period of time to see how things go.

I know we're all very different and respond to things in our own ways, but the differences in info given by DRs about the same med just seems to be more and more confusing to me :shock: :-? :crazy:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi there. I'm still around guys. Blimey that is an old post. Nortriptaline made me extremely ill. But that doesn't mean it will you.x
angelina101
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication