petition for winter fuel payments for disabilty benefits

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

petition for winter fuel payments for disabilty benefits

Postby velvet » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:33 pm

i would like to thank brens for reminding me of this one - she mentioned it and i went looking.

i think everyone here knows how badly cold weather will affect and all of us will be worrying about affording the heat we need, so here is the petition to award winter fuel payments to those in reciept of disability benefits.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Fuelpayments/
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby AllyD » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:40 pm

Signed
thanks for the link
:lol:
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
AllyD
UKFM Member

Postby Looby Lou » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:30 pm

Signed - thank you and here's hoping!
Looby Lou
UKFM Member

Postby Corinne » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Signed this & all the others too. If you do a search on the e-petitions page for the words Fibromyalgia, Invisible Illness or Disability etc, etc you will get a list of petitions that may be relevant.

Corinne x
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby Brens » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:13 pm

Thanks Velvet for finding a petition for winter fuel payments. I couldn't sign on tonight as web site has a problem until the 7/11 but will do it tomorrow,Brens.
Ever hopeful !
Brens
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 pm

no worries brens if you hadnt mentioned it i would have forgotten or never thought to look (when i read your post i had one of those rare moments of brain function -why dont i go and look lol) and if there is one thing needed, not just by us fibromites but by every disabled person in the land it is relief from worry about staying warm. i worry then i get worse. i get cold i get much worse. if i get cold and worry i hate to think.
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Brens » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 pm

Managed to sign petition tonight seem theres a long way to go with this one only 38 people on board so far !!!!!!!!!!!!! still we are all in it for the long haul :(
I cant believe how much you had to spend for just a couple of days heat Velvet £8 quid !! when those fat cat energy people make hundreds of pounds profit every second,it probably cost them 5p to give you that much energy the rest was profit :shock:
"Speculating only" anybody fancy finding out how much they would have made.
A friend of mine(non fibro) bought a second hand running machine and set it up in her sitting room, she doesn't have the heating on now, so when she feels cold she has a 10 minute run and that keeps her warm for about 45 minutes she would rather spend her money on food, she works full time for a charity (nice warm office) but for a low wage.
Does this goverment actually know what extremes people are going too to save money!!! Although we all have a good laugh with her....imagine a candlelit supper ( beans on bread) and all the guests queueing up for their turn on the running machine :lol: keep smiling and sign the petition,
Brens xx
Ever hopeful !
Brens
UKFM Member

Postby andypandy08 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:36 am

Signed Andy
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Return to Politics & Lobbying