[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Prof Wessely says it's all in our minds

Prof Wessely says it's all in our minds

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Prof Wessely says it's all in our minds

Postby cat123 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:18 am

do others think, this subject is being missed, by others readers because of the title ? Not many of us seem bothered,is this because they havent seen it,or too tired to respond.Thanks to those of you showing interest.should we start this subject again ?on a new page, changeing title to maybe, top british phyicitrist (sorry cant spell)dr wessely,whos head of research,says its all in our mind? ........Im going to ask my jounalist friend to help us get publisity.............cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby anne1206 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:51 am

Think you could be right Cat, maye it is being missed in the politics section, some people maybe, wouldnt look in there other than to sign petitions, maybe mods could move it and retitle it for you. oh how I wish i knew how to expose this fraudster as in my opinion its him thats daft not us :? wonder if he has ever actually spent time with anyone with our condition :cry:
Take Care Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:27 am

He doesant need to see us hes already made his mind up!He refuses to look at proven truth and real evidance ,its not in our minds.Talk about controling the masses,hes saving the goverment a lot of money.
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:17 am

hes an idiot, this illness is ruining my life and for him to say im making oit up of its in my mind doesnt help,,,, like i would willfully ruin my own life, completely wreck our financial situation and put all this pressure on a relationship.....yeah.. if i did that i would be going mad.

idiot
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:55 am

I know exactly what i would like to say but i would be banned from the board :shock:

Sorry but as far as I am concerned its all to do with money, money and money, saving the government money, other countries other eminent people realise this is not in our heads, it just horrifies me to be honest, dam idiot.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby samantha louise » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:15 pm

i just really hope thats not what everyone else thinks though i worry people timnk im putting it on etc and now if people listen to all this crap then theyl think that too i couldnt bear it if thaats what people think of me...............
samantha - louise
and my two little wiggles!
xxx

fuddle off... no,... YOU fuddle off!!
samantha louise
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:31 pm

I agree that this is a disgrace & if I knew where the hell to start with protesting about it I would- but I don't know how to go about it.

I don't think the subject is being missed- I think rather, it is alot to take in & also that people are feeling the same way I am- we just don't know what to do about it!

Corinne x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am

No i dont what to do about it,either,otherthan,and online protest,involving,a social networking site plus u tube.Ive got a few ideas going round my head.Ive wrote to a friend of mine.im waiting for a reply...........cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:04 pm

There will hopefully shortly be a debate at the Houses of Parliament on Fibro. I'm trying to put some info together to give to the MPs right now so if you have suggestions, email me!

info@fibroaction.org (it's the public email but it will get forwarded to me) :)
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:28 pm

if we can have a date enough time in advance of the debate in parliment if would probably be really helpful if the week or two before we all turned up at MPs surgerys - if the MPs had a couple of weeks of repeated visits from people saying "do something - this isnt in our heads and this country is being left light years behind the rest of the world in treatment and research" followed by an actual debate in the house they might actually pay attention.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Min » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:41 pm

I believe that this man & his colleague's huge & growing influence will only ever be overcome by biomedical research, & that as there is so little being funded by the government we have to send whatever we can to the small charities that are actually doing the research.

I am 'lucky' enough to have three medical conditions that he says are all in the mind & know that the CFS Research Foundation and the ME Research UK are doing a good job for M.E. (& that AfME isn't!) , but don't know where donations for biomedical research into Fibromyalgia should be sent - does anyone know please?
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 pm

(reg charity 1125957) are actively promoting and will increasingly be instigating (it's a matter of funds) drug trials in the UK, research projects into the development of Fibro and research into symptom management and patient experiences, as well as actively making it easier for UK doctors to find out more about FIbro and how to really treat it.

Is that the kind of thing you're interested in? If so, FibroAction now has a . FibroAction has only been running for 11 months so all trials, etc are in the initial stages. As we're only just at the stage where we can be talking about research projects, we haven't been talking much about that side of our activities. How much research gets done will partly be a matter of funds. And although FibroAction can apply to get grants for research projects, it costs core funds to run the charity in such a way that it can attract grant funding! So unallocated funds are also needed to promote research - £100 of core funds could mean we have a chance of attracting thousands in grants.

A lot of Fibro research is done in the US, but they don't really need extra funding! :wink:

Re. the debate, it could be anytime from now. So if you want to go and see your MP (which is a great idea), book an appointment now! :)
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Min » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:22 am

thanks Linzworld!
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:12 am

Spot on sam,i dont know about you,but im really brassed off that ,this is how things will stay as long as nothing is done about it.............cat123
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby daisybev » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:27 pm

Linz, I think the point is that we are p****d off, that this man has had all the money research, which means that the places you are suggesting has to keep fundraising money for a cure for us all.....

Isnt anyone else ? ARENT YOU ?!!!!
I love my computer because all my friends live in there....
daisybev
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Politics & Lobbying