Prof Wessely says it's all in our minds

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Prof Wessely says it's all in our minds

Postby andypandy08a » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:10 am

A good starting point would be http://www.writetothem.com

this is the place you can write direct to your local mp (I have used mine twice)
MEP
MSP

And of corse local councillors too

get your voice out there folks and tell them what you think :twisted:
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08a
UKFM Member

Postby armanisgirl » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Why do those with high IQs like Prof WEASLEy have little or no common sense? Surely the amount of individuals going to GPs, rheumys and neuro's should indicate it's not a psychiatric thing? Yes, these conditions will have psychogical effects, such as depression, but every single person with any kind of disease/illness/condition will at some point become depressed, mildly or otherwise. Common sense obviously lacks when suggesting conditions are imaginary. That and little or no compassion for someone suffering.

As to what to do......there is a thread (in fact there's 2 coz I started another one not realising there's one already here on the politics section!) where it's been suggested we email local TV stations, GMTV, the local papers and radios stations, in fact anything that can get this out into the open about fibro, I'm using International Awareness Day as the springboard, and I think even doing this can help. If some stations/prgrammes agree to do a report, then WEASLEy can be publicly condemned for suggesting we're all a bit mad and imagining our symptoms, as well as raising awareness of what fibro is and the normal daily struggles and ignorance we face routinely. Hopefully, if enough is thrown out there to the general public, and on major national programmes so that doctors etc also see it, somebody somewhere with enough resources will take up our fight and confront WEASLEy (Sorry, can't help calling him that!). Just had another thought......lets all bombard Panorama with emails to investigate his claims and our illness - now that would be a fab one to get on, so much publicity, MPs and other bigwigs watch that!

Whatever happens, lets keep on fighting our corner and keep shouting about fibro. They can't wear earplugs forever!! xx
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby anne1206 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:54 pm

I have emailed our local staion Scottish television the Five Thirty show and asked them to do an article to raise awareness, and told them about May 12th so heres hoping.
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby daisybev » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:21 pm

i have emailed Panorama and asked them to investigate this
I love my computer because all my friends live in there....
daisybev
UKFM Member

Postby summerbaby » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:08 pm

I THINK ITS FAIR TO SAY - PERHAPS ITS ALL IN HIS MIND !!!!!!!
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Summer baby, this is a very old topic and those who posted on it are no longer active on the forum.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby summerbaby » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Was having a brain fog day when I posted ! :crazy:
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Politics & Lobbying