Very good news

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Very good news

Postby joanypops » Wed May 06, 2009 12:50 pm

Hello everyone,

thought I would let you know That I emailed my MP Ian Wright regarding the Fibro awareness day.I have received a letter today and he has written to Ann KING who is the Under Secretary for Health.He passed on my email which briefly outlined the problems which we all have and has asked for responses to the following points,1/ What resources and investment are the Government providing to undertake research and medical applications to help sufferers.2/Ask if the Government is planning to raise awareness,3/ Can sufferers of Fibro be classed Disabled for benifits.

Its only a small step but I feel very heartened at his quick response and expression of interest. :P
joanypops
UKFM Member

Re: Very good news

Postby LinzWorld » Wed May 06, 2009 3:26 pm

That's great. Is he going to turn up next Tuesday?

There was a debate on Fibro on Tuesday and Ann Keen attended, representing the DoH. We're hoping to meet her to discuss Fibro in more detail soon.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby joanypops » Wed May 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi Linzworld, he didnt mention next tuesday but he did say he was going to write to me asap when he had the information he has requested. Im just sooo happy that he took notice of what i had to say ive been quite giddy LOL
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby armanisgirl » Wed May 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Thats brilliant!

I've not heard from any of the media I emailed regarding fibro day :evil: but well done!!
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby Chelsea » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 pm

That's excellent, I'm happy to quickly email my MP whom has been supportive of the LDN petition. If someone can copy to me what they have written to their MP, I will do it now, I know I'm way behind on the deadline - sorry about that but better late than never!

Thanks!
Take care

Chelsea
LDNNow.com
Chelsea
UKFM Member

Postby joanypops » Thu May 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi i just gave him a brief outline of the problems we face with everyday things and also the problems with claiming benefits. I also explained about the problems we have or rather the docs have getting funding for research. I was honestly blown away by his reply. Good luck
joanypops
UKFM Member

Postby alicereeve » Mon May 11, 2009 10:38 am

Hello everyone!

If anyone would like to add a comment to my article, I would be grateful another article should be out in a day or so. Went to the debate last Tuesday in London (good except problems with NICE). We need to speak up!
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... ticle.html

thanks
Alice
alicereeve
UKFM Member

Return to Politics & Lobbying