Going to see my MP tomorrow James Purnell from Stalybrige

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Going to see my MP tomorrow James Purnell from Stalybrige

Postby nugget69 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:01 pm

hiya all going two see MP tomorrow feb up with getting no where i am going to ask can we get dla for all the pain we all going thorght it is a disble on its on doctor told me that so my red card is coming out if any 1 would like me two asked any Q to him just say and i will going two look him right in thee eyes when talking two him never done this before sorry for my spelling not very good :banghead:

edited to remove all capital heading. Please don't post all in capitals as it is considered shouting on a forum. Gill
nugget69
UKFM Member

Re: GOING TWO SEE MY MP TOMORROW JAMES PURNELL FROM STALYBRIGE

Postby shrimp » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 pm

hi

can you ask this question....

i take a lot of meds for endometriosis (painful womb etc problem) and meds for fibro - i am fuzzy headed all the time due to meds....i can walk but with a lot of pain as fibro makes feet, ankles and knees really painful, need help when i fall, not aware of dangers due to meds....but apparently i am ok to be outside on my own .....

i have a lot of problems with my hands - i got awarded low rate care as i cannot cook.....but when i said need help with toilet needs all the time ( i cant even open the childgate to get to the toilet !!!), help in out bed, help washing/bathing/dressing - they said i can do this on my own !!!!......i also said i need supervision all day as i have 2 year old twins - so due to fibro pain i am unable to get to them quick enough if they were in danger, and i cannot see danger coming due to meds.....they said childcare doesnt come into it...??...what about danger of falling etc to myself?

why not? surely my twins have some sort of human rights?........my 78 mother in law comes round to watch me/kids to enable OH to work part time.......

does that question make sense?.....

thank you and much appreciated.....and good luck
shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: Going to see my MP tomorrow James Purnell from Stalybrige

Postby nugget69 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:01 pm

hiya shrimp you should be getting full dla you sound a lot worse then me i would look into that again if i was you yes i went two see my mp i was nervous belive me i am always cold but god the sweating like mad he made me look as thouht i was lieing because i just walk in like ever 1 else did but he said he will look into it weather r not ill give him a chace if not more two do i am not giving up for no 1 fight all the way tc p.s where you from.
nugget69
UKFM Member

Postby shrimp » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:40 pm

hi ya

well...well done you for going.......you must be very proud of yourself for facing upto someone who was making you nervous.....
i did ring dla and said i wasnt happy with their low rate care award and wrote them a letter and they wrote back and said the will look into it again......no doubt i will have to wait the full 11 weeks this time for a reply !!!!!....
i am from romford in essex......

shrimp xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:58 pm

You could ask for those people who have to pay for their prescriptions
It all should be free meds for long term chronic conditions.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:18 am

The Government has already announced that this may be phased in. However, it may result in more pressure on GPs to limit medication costs so some patients may not be able to get more expensive meds especially the newer ones - such as Pregabalin or Pramipexole for FIbro.

Pre-payment prescription certificates can save you a lot of money if you have one than 1 prescription a month.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Politics & Lobbying