Proposed new legislation

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Proposed new legislation

Postby lillly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Me to mellabella,
It would be worth it as this disgraceful behaviour has to be confrunted in some way as all goverment etc seem to be burying their head in the sand over these issues.
Now if we could arrange somewhere for us all to sit down when we get there would make life easier haha
I agree this will not go away for them as they have been so harsh with their handling of people with disabilities,and if anything this is gathering momentum due to the sheer number of knockbacks.
Heres hoping.x
Lillly
lillly
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 pm

The trouble is that most disabled people cannot get to be in one place at any one time in order for their numbers to become visible, such as with the student demo's and the union marches, which, i suspect is why the government pick on us as a vulnerable group as people who cannot physically fight back with a march and are not going to be any trouble... It might be an idea for disabled people including their various carers. co - ordinate a day where they all just went and sat in the A and E department of their local hospital.? it would be utter chaos and I'd think even the threat of doing this would be enough to make headlines and bring the issue into the public. I mean they can't go getting the police in to kettle everyone into the corridors can they?
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby lillly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Your spot on
I think the revolution is gathering momentum..im having a citizen smith moment :lol:
They have cut too hard too fast like you said sure start that is really going to impact most areas but poorer areas rely on them :roll:
I agree people are realising that their divide and conquer tactics are propaganda and at any time anyone could need to rely on the statso we need to protect it like you say for future generations its not just about us ...although I want and need help im not denying that but it does make you want to be proactive for everyone who is inthe same situation and the ones who have a shock to come when thay get ill
Take care and hope your feeling better x
Lilly x
lillly
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm all for citizen smith moments lilly - though i guess that might put you somewhere in the same age bracket as me. lol :tongueout:

It might sound odd but i think we have the phenomenon of reality TV to thank for the fact that people have become so media savvy, that propaganda is now met with a certain amount of scepticism and weeded out quick sharp.. plus the fact that this time round, the conservative cuts are affecting the middle classes much more than the working class..( when animals turn on their own kind, it goes well against the laws of nature )

I was so pleased today to read that the leader of the council in Liverpool has written to Cameron, embarrassing him by basically telling him where he can stick his 'Big Society' plans. Mostly it seems, - reading between the lines of local government speak - due to the fact that the cuts have meant that so many organisations have had to stop operating or are so scaled down that there's actually no where to place these wonderful army of slave labourers .. Ahem! sorry i mean volunteers who were going to come in and work for free out of the kindness of their hearts.

Welcome to the real world there Cameron! :oops:

When i read the report,l i laughed out loud for the first time in a week - in an entirely twisted way of course!..... :crazy:

And yea, i'm feeling a lot better now thanks :lol: it's nice to meet a like minded rebellious fibromite ..............Viva la revolution eh! :grouphug:
mellabella
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Politics & Lobbying