[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new doctors...

new doctors...

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new doctors...

Postby deathvalleydemon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 am

so, as you may have read elsewhere, we finally changed doctors ...

ive made an appointment to see one of the 3 gps at the new surgery and its this coming tuesday at 3pm. I will be taking all my medical reports with me and letting them know the situation. when i changed doctors last time they couldnt get my medical records from my last doctors for some reason, so im taking them just to back me up.

im worried that when my note runs out on the 17th that im gonna have trouble getting a new one, i know they are not at liberty to give me one, but i will make them fully aware that i am appealing a decision and need to keep providing notes.

wish me luck lol.

one more thing....

my neck. its getting worse. i mean really really stiff. its got that stiff that i can no longer turn my head left and right, i have to move my body with my head. i dunno if i should mention it to the doctor on tuesday as i have an appointment with my rheumatologist in a fortnight...

i have noticed tho, i went for an atos medical and the "doctor" that i saw there was "examining" me and he touched my neck, squeezed it to see how i reacted, ( i nearly jumped through the ceiling ) ever since he did that i have had nothing but pain in my neck and as i said, its getting stiffer by the day. i cant lay down to sleep i have to sit upright so i can get my neck comfy.

help :(
deathvalleydemon

Re: new doctors...

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:45 am

Hi
:goodluck1: with your new GP, i would mention your neck to them.

Try to move your neck as keeping it still can make it worse, i know they can be very painful but when i get a bad neck i am told not to keep it still, i was told to roll a towel up and wrap it around my neck and use it as a collar, not sure if that will help in your case.

Did you have the sore neck before the atos doc examined you? is there any marks on your neck?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:41 am

:goodluck1: with the new doc. I'd tell them about the neck problem as well. Hope these new docs are more helpful and understanding :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby deathvalleydemon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:47 pm

it just gets better....

went to the doctors today, new patient check up. they are certain that i have diabeties (i cant even spell the word i know that much about it)
found high levels of sugar in my blood... gotta go for a test tomorrow.

:(
deathvalleydemon

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:32 pm

:goodluck1: keep us updated. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:23 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: at least they are checking you out properly :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby diane1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:53 pm

It looks like you might have found a better GP. I've not been able to turn my neck properly for a while but like everything else we put up with i've got used to it and like you I turn my body to look eother way. I do have problems when driving though so usually leave it up to my hubby.

If we had to write down all the symptoms you get with fibro how many trees do you reckon we'd use up ?

Good Luck with everything and keep us posted.

Diane

:goodluck2:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby deathvalleydemon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 pm

good news! i do NOT have diabetes.

however, blood is still present in my urine and they have made me an appointment to see someone in the nephrology department...

doctor said its just routine and absolutely nothing to worry about as traces of blood in the urine is common.

gave me some new meds to try...Dihydrocodeine 30mg to be taken 2 x times a day when needed...

be interesting to see how they go.

must say, im impressed with the new doctor. i explained about me appealing for benefits and even tho my current note doesnt run out till the 17th he gave me one today for 2 months without hesitation.

:)
deathvalleydemon

Postby animalhouse » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:56 am

sounds like you have a good new doctor.

i just changed recently, they spelt my name wrong so i told doctor but he didn;t bother chaning it on prescipt. also when i went to cash it he had given me wrong does of gabas and codeine so have had to go back again.

i am still awaiting appals for esa/dla so am wondering how changing docs will affect this if they write for information as my other doc was so good but this one could nto wait to get me out of door.

asked if he culd do some investigations as i was fed up of being in pain but he just referred me to physio still waitinn.

rang dla anm at the top of list and now just waiting for a date....

its not like we have anything else to do. [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]

i wear a scarf round my neck moswt of time or a wheaty heatpack so could try that hope it gets better soon.

:wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby diane1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi

Its just another thing we have to get used to and live with, I havent been able to turn my neck for a few years its awkward when driving but I manage by moving my body instead. Heat wraps are great I swear by them.

I take Dihydrocodiene as well. I have 40mg 4 times a day but they dont touch the sides now, I also take temazipan to help of a night. The pain is the worst symptom and can really drag you down but try to think of positive things.

It sounds like you have a really good GP now so good luck and stay positive.

:goodluck1: :flowers:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services