[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Biomechanics podiatrist ....wish me luck

Biomechanics podiatrist ....wish me luck

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Biomechanics podiatrist ....wish me luck

Postby SuziM » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Hiya..
I've got an appointment with a 'biomechanics' person who is part of the podiatry team tomorrow. I believe the idea is they're going to assess the way I stand/walk...then correct the defects with special bionic(!) insoles... :dunno:
Has anyone else been to one of these or am I a guinea pig? I know my friends daughter went to something similar to analyse her gait when she runs (she is a middle distance runner), but I've never heard of 'normal' people doing it?!?!?

Wish me luck!!!
:fingerscrossed:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Re: Biomechanics podiatrist ....wish me luck

Postby pixiecat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 pm

found this on the internet
Podiatric biomechanics is the study of forces acting on the human body its structure and function with particular reference to the lower limb, the foot and related pathology.
(A combination of Kinesiology and kinematology)
The use of this information in various treatment regimes to change these forces for more efficient function.

so its just to find out how you walk and how to make it easyer I think so it shouldnt be too worrying
pixiecat

Postby SuziM » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks...on my way now...I'll let you know! :chicken-dance:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:41 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: It helps you in some way :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:07 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: hope you dont walk like :chicken-dance: afterwards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Maybe you'll :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: all the way home :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:34 pm

or :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuziM » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Ha Ha!!! Thanks for all the support!!!
She made some casts of my feet to make insoles...so I'm now on the hunt for super sexy shoes with thick soles and room inside for something approximate to a duvet!! And she said they'll probably make the pain worse before it gets better!! Fantastic!!!!
Seriously though, I'm hoping it will help eventually, because it's impact of walking that's causing a lot of my problems I think. That and the fact I walk like this.... :chicken-dance:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:18 pm

So when you get the insoles, hopefully they will make you walk like this :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:29 pm

:fingerscrossed: you find some shoes soon, and your feet will be less painfull. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:37 pm

aw suzi
i hope it all makes a big difference for you :hugs:
let us no how your getting on :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services