[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I know this may sound stupid

I know this may sound stupid

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I know this may sound stupid

Postby redcaz » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I cant find anything online about it so Im probably worrying about nothing but Ive been recalled after a mammogram 2 weeks ago. Im just wondering if theres a link between fibro and cancer??!!
Ive got an appointment on Tuesday afternoon and Im bloody petrified!!
Hugs to everyone
Carol xxx
redcaz
UKFM Member

Re: I know this may sound stupid

Postby loubie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:48 pm

hi caroline :wave:
NO is the answer to your question
but its not stupid, its because you are worrying
and i think we all would, but try and stay calm, it could just be that
they need to do it again or something like that.
:fingerscrossed: all is well :hugs:
let us know how you get on
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi Carol
Sorry but i have never heard of a link between fibro and cancer.
You are bound to be worried we all would be but it might be because they did not get a clear pic last time. :hugs: hope everything goes ok for you. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi Carol, sorry, not heard of any link at all, but it's only natural that you are worried. I'm sure it's nothing more than the fact they just didn't get a clear enough picture the first time round and would just like to do it again to be sure. :fingerscrossed: they tell when you go back and all is well. Take care, thinking of you. Cherry :hugs: :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:33 pm

No Carol, I have never heard of a link between FM and cancer at all, :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for your recall :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi

No i've not heard of a link either but just wanted to let you know my mum was recalled back for another mammogram. she was worried too but when she got there they said there was abnormal imagine on her first one so wanted to repeat it. She went back for her results and it was clear. They said it could have been something simple as a strand of hair.

So try to stay calm (easier said than done i know) and i hope everything goes ok.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:04 pm

I haven't heard of a link between FM and cancer either carol :? :? Like hamstergirl has said, your recall could be due to the image not being clear, so another one is needed for them to look at properly. Try not to worry yourself (Not easy, I know) as it could make you feel even worse.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:09 am

hi, sorry you are going through this worrying time.

i had to go for one recently and it was very scary not least because i spent the entire time surfing the breast cancer website.

so my advice to you as others on there said stop looking for things as you are bound to find little niggles but by all means get support from others going through same.

i think from what i read people often get called back as unclear results but try and relax and distract yourself with lots of nice things, teac and chocs etc.

best wishes.

by the way i had mammo adn ultrasound for a lump/pain on ribs and think it was probablly scar tissue /costocondritis but always best to check.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby redcaz » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better reading all your posts!
I'll let you know what happens tomorro.
Thanks again, love Carol xxxx
redcaz
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:50 pm

HI

I was recalled after my mamograme and had an ultrasound and was told I had a few water filled systs that were common when
you start to go through the menopause and not to worry unless they bothered me.
But as I am 49 now and been going through the menopause for last 10 years its not bad, so dont worry as you will make
yourself worse that you need to be.

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby redcaz » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Everythings fine, all clear! :clap: Phew, I cant lie, I was writing my will in my head lol! They said there was a patch on the first mammogram, but they did another one plus an ultrasound and theres nothing there. Thanks for all your support guys, it really helped. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
redcaz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: Really glad to hear that Carol :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Fantastic news Carol. So glad everything was OK :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: great news :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Thats really good news and a weight off your shoulders!

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems