[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Putting on weight :(

Putting on weight :(

Discuss issues with weight and any diet tips that might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Putting on weight :(

Postby Tinkerbelle_boo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 pm

:shock: I am on Gabapentin 3, 3X daily and volterol 3 X a day... But i am so bloated and feel so fat atm. Im not pysicaly happy with myself atm, and am calorie counting and trying to do bits here and there... but with the depression i comfort eat! 2 weeks ago i was going well... now im eating everything in site... i only have to look at the food and i put on pounds! Which is depressing me even more!!! But the fm is making everything so hard cause i cant get out there and do! and the stupid Gabapentin i feel isnt working anyway! Its upsetting me so much! Everyone i see is so thin, i feel so fat! :cry: I hate my life so much!!!
Tinkerbelle_boo
UKFM Member

Re: Putting on weight :(

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 pm

I've moved you post into here Katie, as we've got a board about weight issues. It's something that seems to affect a lot of us, but we're not sure why :? :? A lot of the meds we take have weight gain as a side effect, plus it's difficult for us to be as active as we once were thanks to FM :tongueout: :tongueout: And as you've already said, with depression there's quite often comfort eating :facepalm: :facepalm:

How long have you been on the gabbas?? Is it a recently started med or have you been taking it for a while??

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tinkerbelle_boo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Ahh thank you :) not sure where to post! lol :facepalm: But i have been taking them about 2 months now so im now up to the 3, 3X daily. But my doctor said the other day thats a small dose :shock: im confused! And someone i cant for the life of me said a while back there is other meds but there to expencive!!! But im struggling so much, had a awfull day today... :(
Tinkerbelle_boo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 pm

This linky has got info about the meds used for FM If you don't feel the gabbas are helping then see if there is anything else that your GP thinks might help.

Some meds can take quite a few weeks to properly get into your system and up to the right level before you start to feel their effects. From what I gather with what has been said on here, gabbas are one of those types of meds.

Pregabalin is a similar med to gabbas, and some FM-ers have found that if one of them doesn't suit them, the other one can be more effective.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am

Hi
I was put on Gaba`s by my neuro doc for migraines, i craved sweet things all the time and i also got depressed about it as was eating everything in my path, i piled on 2 1/2 stone :shock: it didnt help that it was over xmas and all the [chocolate] sweets were around and the extra snacks :facepalm:
They did not help with my migraines or fibro pain so was more than happy to stop them, the cravings have now stopped :clap: :clap: :clap: and i am slowly loosing some weight :clap: :clap:

Tbh i dont think there is much you can do while you are on the meds, the best advice i can give is try to snack on healthy things if you can. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Weight Issues