[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - A question on behalf of my dear OH

A question on behalf of my dear OH

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A question on behalf of my dear OH

Postby whitebutterflies » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:37 pm

He has recently being dx with FM and is wondering if anyone has done anything or found them in any dangerous situations due to brainfog, he's worried he will put him self in danger by forgetting where he is what hes doing ect.

And just to balance it out what funny things has everyone done or situations have they found themselfs in?

Does anyone else slur? mix up sentences?

thanks again
Been with my gorgeous man since 16-10-07 :)
Still trying to come to terms with his d/x of FM which was made on 14-07-11
whitebutterflies
UKFM Member

Re: A question on behalf of my dear OH

Postby denys » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:22 am

I think we all do there arent many of us that dont suffer with the fog :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: He shouldnt worry about forgetting were he is stress makes the fog worse so in essence stop stressing and fog decreases :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:48 am

I often get words mixed up and use the wrong one when I'm speaking, as well as coming out with complete gibberish and rubbish. I was out being walked by my doglet the other day and there was a lot of chirping noises.I could think of the name of one of the insects that was making the noise - a cricket, but for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of another one. It took until the following day for me to remember it was a grasshopper :facepalm: :facepalm:

I've not really done anything to put myself in danger, but I have hurt myself doing daft things. I often forget to use oven gloves so try and pick up something hot and burn myself :facepalm: :facepalm:

Maybe encouraging your boyf to take things bit by bit thru the day and not to worry about what might happen could help him. As denys has said, FM is affected by stress, so if stress can be reduced, then hopefully the FM effects will reduce as well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ms Tigger » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:08 pm

I too have taken something out of the oven without oven mitts and I have also got lost in a really familliar space which is freaky!!! I use sound effects these days for appliances and describe what they do rather than what they are called my carer God bless him understands my code now but it is embaressing. Funny things put my handbag in the freezer and took a bag of frozen chips to my room....nearly walked out of the house with no top on just a bra and then wondered why I was so cold. You know just the normal things :tongueout:
Ms Tigger
UKFM Member

Postby whitebutterflies » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:00 pm

awwww bless you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Been with my gorgeous man since 16-10-07 :)
Still trying to come to terms with his d/x of FM which was made on 14-07-11
whitebutterflies
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 pm

brain fog is my middle name and its very common for us to slur mix sentences up ,but as others say try not to worry as it makes it worse .i think theres section on brain fog daftness but sorry :facepalm: cant remember where :crazy:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby Bebbe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 pm

I had a bad time at the post office I was trying to ask for 1st class recorded delivery I just couldn't get the right words out, I was very embarrassed, I also have difficulty crossing roads I do my green cross code then step onto the road then all of a sudden a car will appear I've nearly been run over a few times
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:47 pm

oh please be careful on them roads :yikes:

a lot of us have problems trying to get our words out
everything is ........thingy....whatsit......you no ...doooodaaaarr :roll: :roll: :roll:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby holmess » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi there :wave: :wave:
Same as everyone else I often talk a load of rubbish...good thing is OH and kids know what I'm on about now :wink:
It causes problems when I'm at work, I manage a large group and need to retain a lot of clincal information on a daily basis. I often walk out of a meeting and whithin 30 seconds have no idea what they have said to me..very embarrasing :oops: :oops:
My OH took me to a beer garden a couple of weeks ago and I said look at the bloke in the quilt, he's got nice legs...I really meant to say kilt :facepalm: :facepalm: ..as per usual it kept the family amused :) :)
It can be frustrating at times but we just have to go with the flow.. :lol:

Take care
Sharon ....
holmess
UKFM Member

Postby Azz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:25 am

I get this all the time too, most of the time I can laugh it off but there are days when I get so :x at others for laughing at me when maybe minutes ago I may have been laughing with them :crazy:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 am

I forget the names of colleagues who I have worked with for years, I struggle with words of more than one syllable, I walk from one room to another then stand there blankly having forgotten what it was that I went in there for.

Hubby has just accepted it but then am sure he thinks of me as a bear with little brain anyway as even when I am feeling "normal" he still baffles me with his vocab. My colleagues are pretty good, I guess working in mental health has its advantages.

I often take my lunch out of the fridge, put it in the microwave, then when it bleeps I go into the fridge and for a few seconds am confused as to why my lunch is not there. :crazy:
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby scarlett24 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Last night whislt making dinner I read the instructions for the brocoli - i put it in the microwave in the bag for 4 mins - the problem was it wasn't a microwavable bag and exploded. On re inspection of the instruction it said in clear bold print - Wash before coking, DO NOT PLACE BAG IN MICROWAVE! Ah well.

I have also had to cancel my bankcard today as having last night gone to the shop- not far but it was an effort to get there- only to realise that my card isn't in my purse and I have no means of paying- vey embarressing. Can not remember where my card is or find it for the life of me.

My OH has also nicknamed me Penguin as I now walk so slowly. I like to think it his way of telling me it's ok and If I don't laugh a bit at myself then I'll cry so I find it best to try and laugh.
scarlett24
UKFM Newbie

Return to Positive and Fun