[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello everyone !

hello everyone !

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello everyone !

Postby larissa1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:40 pm

i am new here , just diagnosed last thursday and i must say i felt relieved to finally get an answer after 5 mnths of so many symptoms .
I have been put on co-dydramol for the pain and just going to start with amatriptilin tonight ( one before i go to bed ).
The co-dydramol has helped a lot with the pain although the do make me feel a bit drosey , but much better than the pain !!!!!!!
The symptom i hate the most is when exaustion comes over me and i cant do anything !!!! oh and the brain fog, its happened to me at work a couple of times and i feel i just have to say " i cant find my words " or " i cant remember what you just said " I used to cry when this happened cause it would totally freak me out !
Does fibro get any worse as time goes on !!!!?????
Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say hello :)
larissa1
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello everyone !

Postby denys » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi Larissa and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum larissa :wave: :wave:

Glad to hear the co-dydramol is already making a difference, hopefully the amis will do the same as well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Altho FM isn't regarded as a progressive condition by the medical bods, a lot of us have found that over time things have got worse :facepalm: :facepalm: However, this doesn't mean that it will be the same for you. Yours could stay as it is at the moment, or even possibly go dormant :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Even if things do start to worsen, if you can find the right recipe of things for you, it can still be managed.

f there;s anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby larissa1 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 pm

thanks for your warm welcome, it really means a lot ,knowing i can speak to people going through the same x
larissa1
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:46 pm

:welcome: to the forum larissa :wave:

Most of us have got worse since being dx with fibro, we all differ with the pain and symptoms but lots of sufferers have gotten worse as times goes on.

With myself i have found that after every flare i have i never seem to recover from it, my list of symptoms and pain just keep growing :cry: My mobility keeps going downhill, i can trip over thin air :roll: :lol: :lol: i feel like i have been put into a body belonging to a 80yr old.

Some fibro sufferers still manage to work where as others are bed bound or wheelchair bound.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Amberwillow » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Hello Larissa :wave:
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello