[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hiya

Hiya

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hiya

Postby horseriderdeb » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi

I'm new here. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia today by my doctor. She has given me some amitriptyline to take. Can people control the symptoms. I have 4 horses and am missing riding. I have a part time job at the moment but am starting to struggle with the lifting side of things but not sure whether to hand in my notice or see how I go once the tablets start to have some effect
horseriderdeb
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hiya

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum, as well as the weird and :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: world of FM :wave: :wave:

There is an awful lot to take in and get used to when you're told you have FM. Hopefully the info and advice on here will be of some help to you.

It is possible to have some control over the various symptoms. To get there can be a bit of a lengthy process as you try different things to find what makes a difference to you, but it can be done.

Workwise, it might be worth giving the amitriptyline a chance to take effect and see how you go on before making any decisions. Have you told your employer about your diagnosis yet?? If you tell them, changes and adaptations can usually be made to make things as suitable for you so you can carry on working.

I think I've waffled at you for enough now :facepalm: :facepalm: Have a look thru things on here as you may find some helpful suggestions as well as answers to questions that may be running thru your head. If there's anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:13 pm

hi :wave:
welcome to the forum
have a good look round and hopefully you will find lots of answers to your questions
if not just ask and we will try our best to help :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi Deb and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum deb :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby funnybunny » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:17 am

:welcome: to the forum - sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with fibro
hope to chat to you around soon and if you have any questions please ask there always seems to be someone on the forum who can help and support you - i've asked some pretty random stuff myself so i should know :wink:
funnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby horseriderdeb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:57 am

Thanks for all you welcomes. I have been looking round the forum and am it very helpful. At the moment I just feel like my whole world has collapsed. Hubby is being very good and I think he understands and have a friend coming to break my horse in for driving so I can still do something with him if it gets to the stage I can't ride anymore.

xxxxxxx
horseriderdeb
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:51 am

It's quite normal to feel like you are at the moment when you're told you have FM :facepalm: :facepalm: There's just so much to take in and get used to as it impacts on every single area of your life :hugs: :hugs:

Most of us will have had our own version of what you're experiencing. It's part of a process akin to grieving that we all seem to go thru before we finally reach the final stage - Acceptance. This linky tells you about the stages, and it's not uncommon to go back and revisit some of them as well :facepalm: :facepalm:
Hopefully some of our experiences will make finding your way thru these things a little smoother than some of us went thru :hugs: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:10 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: with your horse :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello