[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - weather sensitivity

weather sensitivity

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weather sensitivity

Postby meyer12 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 am

Just wondering if anyone is sensitive to the weather and how they cope with it?

I find that the second it starts to rain my pain levels go thru the roof. I also find that changes in tempreture have the same effect.

Any advice would be great as last year thru winter i had a hage flare and want to deal with it this year as best i can.

thanks x
meyer12
UKFM Member

Re: weather sensitivity

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:38 am

A lot of us are sensitive to changes in the weather, and feel much worse as it gets rainier, colder. It doesn't always help when it gets warmer either :facepalm: :facepalm: It doesn't take much of a rise in temperature to make us start to boil over either :facepalm: :facepalm:

When the weather starts to affect me, I treat it like I do with a flare, so ease further back on what I'm doing, up the use of heated wheaty bags and hotty botty as I need it, as well as upping meds as needed to try and get thru it.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi
Any change in weather affects me.
I used to love the sun, i could sit out in it all day but since fibro i can no longer cope with it, during the summer my pain changes, i have more fatigue i find my body aches, i get more headaches, i sweat, have to have the fan on.

I can always tell if it is going to rain as i body starts to change, i begin to ache more.

In winter its a different kind of pain, i feel like i siege up more when i wake up, i feel the cold right down to my bones, my feet/hands are always cold my whole body hurts.

To help with my pains i use a tens Machine.
in winter i wear fleece PJ`s and slipper booties which have a sachet that goes into the microwave to heat up.
i have a snuggle blanket over me when i watch tv. Wheat bags and hot water bottles are also good.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:08 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: oh yes, weather changes affect me and I'm never happy, its either to cold and the pain is more intense, ot its to hot and I cant get comfortable :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby funnybunny » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:02 pm

funnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 pm

who needs weather reports....i can tell you when its going to rain :shock: ......im in agony :swear1: :facepalm: , i carn't get to grips with that one.......why is it, or is it one of the wonders of the world :dunno: .....??????????????
mand
UKFM Member

Postby PhilXanthe » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi all

I'm the same as Mand, i can always tell when the weather is coming in bad as the pain intensifies all over, no matter what i do or take it just dosn't go away.

my legs these days cant seem to warm up yet hips and knees are red hot (wife likes this as keep her warm in bed at night :roll: )

Phil
PhilXanthe
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Glad your wife has found a way to make use of your temperature eccentricities :clap: :clap:

The weather thing plays havoc with most of us, I'm feeling even more lousy today than usual and it's really chilly here :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sjc » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi there, yes - I think alot of peope with fibro are sensitive with the weather changes...But I know that sufferers of other conditions, like autism, depression, anxiety, MS, struggle with weather sensitivities, as well.... :crazy:

I like the winter in the sense that I can wrap up and wear normal clothes...I am a abit of a large lady, so the cold days are great for covering up and wearing baggy clothes, if you know what I mean...lol....But I cannot bear these rainy/extreme cold days...and the dark mornings/days are abit of a nightmare....it makes me rather depressed and lack energy and motivation to the point I don't want to go out if the weather is horrible.....Does that sound daft? 8-)

I cannot tolerate extreme heat either - it makes me really tired and sweaty, to be honest.....and these days, I do not want to go out when it is really hot......I noticed that if the temperatues reach over 20 celcius, then I struggle to cope...

I like it when it is sunny, but the termparature outside is neutral.....I suprise I like Spring/Autumn days...I don't understand why the weather affects people, but it does sadly.

Take care folks :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping