[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello to all.

Hello to all.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello to all.

Postby Robbiedog » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Hello Fibro forum.
I am a female newbie from the Midlands who has been diagnosed a few months after struggling for some time...I thought I was just getting old! and catching A LOT of flu! My employers were less than sympathetic, no surprise to you I imagine. :roll: (I must admit, I do like these little smilies and creatures!) I was encouraged to "give up" work some months ago by my wonderful employers.

The jury is still out on whether some of my symptoms are a bit lupus-y or not. I am learning as much as I can about fibromyalgia, but it's the cognitive difficulties I find the hardest to bear. That and regularly feeling washed - out.

I have been referred to a neurologist for my frequent headaches, numb foot and problems with myplumbing It's a hoot having this illness, isn't it?
Kind regards Robbiedog
Robbiedog
UKFM Member

Hello to all.

Postby boomermctea » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Hello robbiedog,

Welcome, I have not long been diagnosed either. I know what you mean about the fog side of things and also the plumbing. I was always the one in the family that could be relied upon now I am the last.

The plumbing side of things is awful, just when you think things could not get any worse
boomermctea
UKFM Member

Re: Hello to all.

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm

:wave: Hi Robbiedog :welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Hello Robbiedog and :welcome: to the forum, glad you joined us and look forward to chatting :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum Robbiedog :wave: :wave:

The fogginess and forgetfulness is horrible, and still gets to me after all the time I've had FM :facepalm: :facepalm: I wish I could say it will get a bit better, but for me, I'm becoming more forgetfull :facepalm: :facepalm: TBH I've stoped worrying about it so much now as that seems to exasperate it. If it's going happen, it will, so I just go with it. I'm now particularly good at making out that it's OH's fault for it happening to me :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

Hopefully the info and suggestions on here will be of help in your quest to learn about FM. Just ask if there's anything you want to know, and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Robbiedog » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Thank you all for the welcome. xx :D
Robbiedog
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:42 am

hi robbiedog
welcome to the nut house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the best thing i can tell you is to take one day at a time
and go with the flow, try not to get stressed out as fibro loves stress :roll: :roll: :roll:

i love our smileys there great :clap: :clap: :lol:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
who or what is Boomer :cat1: :dogrun1: :pigoink 1: :chicken-dance: :penguin: :f1-car: :pcsmash: :alien: :dunno: :dunno: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :lol: :lol: :wine:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Robbiedog » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 am

Thank you. I believe prolonged stress from my workplace triggered off my permanent fibro. Ruddy stress, ruddy employers :twisted: I think my reward for digging the perfect hole for them was to be handed an even bigger spade, if you get my drift! :penguin: :penguin:
Robbiedog
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello