[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello :)

Hello :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Lyssie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:38 pm

:mrgreen: Hiya everyone,

My name is Alyssa but like to be called Lyssie... I am 23 years old and was diagnosed with Scoliosis aged 10. To cut a very long story short I am mainly in chronic pain and have been for a few years now. I'm on a lot of pain medication. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia as I have widespread chronic pain (back, legs and feet mainly) along with fatigue and unable to sleep (am on a sedating antidepressant). I have bladder problems where I am unable to empty fully so I self catheterise (ISC - Intermittent Self Catheterisation) I have 3 metal rods attached to my spine from 2 previous spinal fusion ops. I am due to have the posterior hardware out on the 22nd of *this* month eeek! :yikes: My pain Dr's are really lovely so I am very lucky to have a good support network. I am also seeing a health psychologist for some therapy.

I am glad to have found this forum and would like to get to know other people with Fibromyalgia :grouphug:

I hope that's okay :oops:

Thank you for reading and lots of love x x x
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Re: Hello :)

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:58 pm

hi lyssie and welcome :wave:

hope all goes well with the op
i'm sure you will find lots of info and friends here

glad you have a good supportive network
:grouphug:
lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:59 pm

:wave: :wave: Lyssie :welcome: to the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The op for you to have the metalwork out sounds :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: On the 22nd, you'll probably have a few more people send some good vibes for the op and hoping you have a quick recovery now that you've joined us :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, and we try our best with helping and supporting each other. We're all friendly and only slightly :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lyssie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Wow, :mrgreen:

Thank you both so much for the lovely warm welcome! :hugs:

Just wondering if anyone else finds that when in so much pain- time just drags and I am ashamed to say it but It's like I'm living off the next dose of painkillers :cry: I often feel like a robot who just automatically takes tablets. So sorry to moan so much!! :oops: Anyway I am glad to have found you all :clap:

I am based in Guildford so wondering if anyone else is too?? xx
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:25 pm

:welcome: to the forum lyssie :wave:

Sorry to hear you are in lots of pain :hugs:

Good luck with your operation on the 22nd, hope you make a speedy recovery. :hugs:

Any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ribbons » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 pm

hello and welcome, good luck on the 22nd x
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby Lyssie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Thank you :) xx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of Google Maps Linky
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:16 pm

Lyssie, there was a Google Maps linky saying "I am here" on your post. I've removed it, thinking it might show your home address when clicked on.

It might be an idea to see if you have accepted anything from Google Maps that hows your location and unsubscribe from it so you don't get any strange, unwanted attention.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lyssie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Sorry I will try and sort this out... I think I pressed something wrong, oops lol! Xx
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:58 am

No worries Lyssie, there was another one on a different post which I've removed as well :wave: :wave:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello