[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Disability Premiums

Disability Premiums

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Disability Premiums

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:39 pm

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeo ... /DG_068683

Link above is about extra benefits for people on disability benefits

Im not sure if this is calculated into your benefits routinly or you have to aply but worth a look just in case any of you fall into the criterea and are not awarded it...
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Disability Premiums

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks Lisa, it could be of help to someone :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks Lisa, very helpful :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:43 am

Bumping this back up as people really need to speak to a benefits advisor re premiums as there criterea is more wide spread then we think...

for example, to claim severe disability premium you need to be single and living alone/no one claiming for your care and on MRC

BUT!... its doesnt explain that you can be living in a joint tenancy/flat/house share and still claim or that you can have carers coming in but as long as there paid for by other means EG social services you can still claim.

Its worth going through and seeing what you feel may fit your needs and call them up and just see.

all this is hidden and when we get awarded DLA we are never told of any premiums.

All moneys get back dated!!! so you never now :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am

I'm sure there are going to be quite a few people who dont know about this will make it a sticky Lisa so people become aware of it
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sosolow » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:11 am

Hi, I am receiving Esa and I am in the work related group. I also recently was awarded DLA, Higher rate mobility and middle care component does this mean I can apply for the premium? I am single living with my 15 year old daughter. Who do I call to apply? Thanks
Sosolow
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 am

I would think its the DWP to see if you are eligable :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 pm

*Lisa*

Postby Sosolow » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:12 am

I called today as I seem to fit the criteria,I am single with no one claiming carers allowance I am on HRMC and middle care component. The wooman said she would send the form IS10 out for me to fill in. Only thing I thought was strange was that she said it is discresionary and up tp the decsion maker to decide if I am entitled. Surely if you fit the criteria you should qualify? I asked how much and she said she thought it was around 30 pounds,maybe she doesnt know too much about it.
Sosolow
UKFM Member

Postby Sosolow » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:15 am

I meant to say thanks for posting the info, I would never have known about this benefit and there must be many others who are missing out. Wonder why we are not informed when we get our DLA award notice.
Sosolow
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:35 pm

:fingerscrossed: keep me posted! if u fit the criterea and you get turned down message me and i'll see if i can help you appeal but i think all will be ok the DWP hate handing over moneys especially if it has to be back dated!!

Make sure the form sent is for the severe disability allowence as there are many premiums with different critereas around.

I do know there is one for couples on middle and high rate dla also and one for if one partner claims higher rate dla.

Its worth calling up if your awarded or on any middle or high rates to see if you fit onto any premiums.

My friend was told by her social worker of the premiums and got backdated over 4 & half thousand pound :clap:

:fingerscrossed:
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Heres another DWP site explaining in more depth what premiums are available.

http://dwp.gov.uk/publications/speciali ... e-amounts/
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:52 pm

*Lisa*

Postby Sosolow » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:06 am

I sent the form in last week and will keep you updated,but thanks again :)
Sosolow
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:30 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits