[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - For all newbies and oldies.

For all newbies and oldies.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: For all newbies and oldies.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jeanette. I'm sorry to hear how FM has affected you and the decision you've had to make for your son, I can't even begin to imagine what you must have gone thru to reach it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, and we try to give each other help and support to live with this condition :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bedlam » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks for all your welcomes.
bedlam
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Jeanette, :welcome: to the forum, sorry to hear about your situation with your son, we will be here for you to offer support when you need it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

hi jeanette ,cannot imagin how you feel .hope we help on the forum, :facepalm: sorry welcome :blowkiss: :hugs: :flowers:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby georgina.hiam » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi Jeanette can't. Imagine how you must be feeling but we will all try and help as much as we can xx
georgina.hiam
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon May 16, 2011 7:53 am

Hi Jeanette and :welcome: to the forum, sorry to hear about your son, we are here for support when you need to talk. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:17 am

Hi and :welcome: to all the newbies :wave: :tongueout:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby littlepetal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:43 pm

hi all :wave:

ive recently been diagnoised with fm its taken 9 months and a neroligist to get to this stage, i had to go thru examinations and tests for m.s when all my results came back normal he then said all my symptons which are constant pain in left side of my neck pins and needles in my left arm and sometimes in my right arm, i get pains in my legs and back also ive poor memory and up and down moods i currently work for the nhs but it dont help as im struggling to do my job my work colleges dont understand as they can not see wats wrong with me so therefore they dont belive that im really ill my family are great but they dont understand i feel alone and unable to talk to someone who knows wat im going thru please can people help me thru this many thanks :needhug:
littlepetal
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi littlepetal :welcome: to the forum :wave:
We are a friendly bunch on here so you are bound to make lots of new friends :wine: any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi littlepetal and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Smilies giving me a headache

Postby sunshine_d_411 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:39 am

Hi I'm Angie and have just been diagnosed with FB after 18mths of hell with the nhs and consultants.
I was delighted to find this on line support however am dismayed at the number of smilies that people
use inthe postings. I not an old fuddy duddy but part of my fb symptoms is headaches and all these smilies
really hurt my eyes. Am I the only one that thinks this?
sunshine_d_411
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 am

Welcome to the forum Angie, sorry to hear you have been dx'd with FM. There is a lot of info and advice on here, and we try to help and support each other with how FM turns everything upside down.

As the smilies are causing you a problem, I haven't used any here. They are used purely to add a little more emphasis and expression to the posts. In the time I have been on the forum, there have only been 2-3 people who have found that the smilies can cause them problems. To try and help with this, we point out that the smilies can be turned off if wanted. When you next make a post, if you scroll down the page, you will see 2 tabs. On the options tab, the 2nd choice down is "Disable Smilies". If you click on this box, it should stop all the smilies appearing in posts. All that should be visible is the name of the smilie that has been used and not the smilie itself.

Hope that makes reading the posts less problematic for you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Angie and :welcome: to the forum, please do follow Flups suggestion and turn the smillies off then they wont aggravate your head, a lot of us have headaches as a major symptom but as fluppy has said not many people complain about the smillies in fact I have been asked to supply more and more of them as people feel they add a little bit of fun to their posts.

Look forward to getting to know you
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sue e » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:29 am

Hi everyone, I have used the forum before and found it very helpful but I haven't been on for a while. I lost my Mum in September so I've been in Yorkshire 'sorting everything out'.

I was diagnosed in August of this year but after reading posts on here previous to that, I guessed fibro was what I had a while ago. It seems to have got worse recently - if that's the right way of putting it - I've got osteoarthritis too. The insides of my elbows really hurt all the time and now my right shoulder blade hurts - not to mention my knees and just about everywhere else. :crazy: I'm 59 and work as a childminder and find it more and more difficult and soooo want to retire but can't afford to. I can't pick the older children up now and it's so hard getting down on the floor to change nappies.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a very happy new year to you all.

Sue
sue e
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:35 pm

:welcome: back Sue

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum :hugs:
Sounds like you have your hands full with the child minding :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello