[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - What pain is Neuropathic pain??

What pain is Neuropathic pain??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What pain is Neuropathic pain??

Postby vicky_nunn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi all. . . We have all these different pains but i dont know what pain is neuralgic pain! I am trying to get GP help with medication, She sent me to psych coz she thought duloxetine would help as it was mentioned in the ARC info i showed her but he said its not licensed for fibro so he wouldnt give it to me.

pregabalin and gabapentin are mentioned for neuropathic pain and my GP said they are basically pain killers for this type of pain. I have read up on gabapentin and peoples with fm and how they've been on it and most say its great and is helping with certain pains that i have. . . I am going to list the pains i have and would like to know if anyone knows it this is neuragic pain....

* Pain all over body (legs, bum, arms, legs and stomach) upon touch, presure from sitting, brushing past things, being poked etc. The feeling is like i have been punched!

* Hip pain, bursitus as well

* Knee pain, bursitus

* Muscle weekness

* Muscle stiffness upon waking and sometimes during day as well

* Pain/Stiffness in feet upon waking and after resting

* Cold/painfull hands and feets (sometimes) Hands sometimes slightly swollen

* Heavyness in calves (sometimes)

* Lower back pain and coccyx pain

Anyone know if these pains are neuropathic pain?? Please help if you can, thankyou :?

XXXX
vicky_nunn
UKFM Member

Re: What pain is Neuropathic pain??

Postby shazq » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi
Neuropathic is nerve pain. this link has lots of info which should help explain.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Neuropathic-Pain.htm
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:55 pm

i can never work out whats waht it all pain to me :nono:
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:04 pm

read that shaxz still no wiser????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :banghead:
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Pain that is caused through problems with signals from the brain so any or all of your pain could be neuropathic
(think thats right!!!)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:19 pm

That pretty much sums it up denys :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sharyboo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi, im new to the forum and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and i have just been prescribed duloxetine, 20mg a day, my doctor said it is a known drug to help this condition. I am taking it alongside amitryptiline. xxx
Appreciate the moments you have without pain x
sharyboo
UKFM Newbie

Postby vicky_nunn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi Sharyboo

Yes duloxetine is mentioned on the Arthritus campaine on FM brochure, my gp sent me to a psch to get it prescribed, she said she cant prescribe it. The psych told me and showed me that in uk this isnt licensed for FM so he wouldnt give it to me. He didnt want to give it to me coz of this. Its licensed for fibro in america tho i think.

So frustrating, i think it could help. . Maybe in the future.

XXX
vicky_nunn
UKFM Member

Postby Tricia_TD » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:08 am

I would describe my Neuropathic pain as shooting pains, if that's any help.

Before I was diagnosed with Fibro, I was prescribed, for my Endometriosis pain, Gabapentin 3 x 600mg for the nerve pain as I got shooting pains down my legs.

I also have depression and am on Duloxetine 60mg for that, and I know that a lower dose can be prescribed for pain here in the UK.

I'm also on Amitriptyline 10mg for pain, but that is also used for depression at a higher dose.

And on top of all that, I take Tramadol for pain too, either on its own or with Co-Codamol or Paracetamol, depending on the severity of pain.

Yep, shake me and I rattle, as I'm sure most of you will be familiar with! :facepalm:

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby vicky_nunn » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:46 pm

How are you getting on with the Gabapentin Tricia???
vicky_nunn
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems