[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Poorly sister

Poorly sister

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Poorly sister

Postby staceyt83 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:48 am

Hi guys, my sister after years of being poorly and getting worse has just been diagnosed with FM, I decided to join your website in hope of finding advice/tips of how life can be made easier and more comfortable for her. I want to be able to help her as much as I can. I'm so glad I have found this website, I can now read up and try and understand her condition better :) xx
staceyt83
UKFM Newbie

Re: Poorly sister

Postby ITbird » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:40 am

It's good hear that you are supporting your sister. The type of help she needs may vary.

Definitely a shoulder to cry on would be great! When she's having a particularly bad day, just running a bath for her will make her day or helping with any household chores, school runs, shopping etc is always beneficial. Heat seems to help a lot of people so long hot baths, hot water bottles and the like should provide some relief

To be honest, just understanding what she's going through and being there for her will be the best thing you can do.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Fletch x
ITbird
UKFM Member

Postby Azz » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:01 pm

It's also good to remember that we all suffer with FM and have different levels of pain as we are all individuals. What tasks some can do others cannot. I was only diagnosed in August so still finding out what my limits are, unfortunately I keep crossing them at the moment as when I get a good day I do more which in turn sets me back.

Your sister will need to learn to pace herself so that even on her good days she still only does so much (not easy I am struggling big time with this).

She will find it easier knowing that she has support from you :clap: just remember what she can do today she may not be able to do tomorrow. :welldone: you for being supportive.
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 pm

:welcome: to the forum stacyt :wave: :wave:

I've moved you into here with it being your intro post. Doing what you are to try and find out, as well as understand more about FM is a wonderful thing to do. A lot of us know at least one person who won't even read a little about FM to try and gain any sort of understanding. Knowing that you have done this to help your sister will hopefully be a big help to her :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: One of the things we struggle with is not being taken seriously by those around us, so you doing all you can to try and understand will hopefully be really lifting for her 8) 8) 8)

If there is anything either of you want/need to know, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave: Asking your sister to have a look might be helpful for her as well. She may come across an idea or 3 that could help her :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi Stacy and :welcome: tot he forum, one thing you could do is try to get your sister to join the forum it might help her to talk to others in the same postion as herself
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum stacey :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cosyrosy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Its a shame its taken so long and she has become so ill. whilst awaiting a diagnosis. Its still a horrible shock to find out you have something that has not got a cure. A lot of people when given a dx of anything find relief that they are not going crazy and other people have the same thing. Now she knows what it is she may improve with managing the illness and trying different meds. Not all meds suit everyone, we are all different.
So glad she has support. :goodluck1:
cosyrosy
UKFM Newbie

Postby ladygriff58 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:51 pm

hi stacy an welcome 2 the forum :wave: what a wonderfull sister ur too, an so thoughtfull. ive had fibro for many yrs now, an i dont think my sister still understands it. mayb im expecting 2 much i dont know, or is the way my mind works, thats if ive got one lol. i example, its my birthday sat, an also my mums. my husband wants 2 take me out sat 4 the day, an my sister rung me 2 go out 4 lunch as a family on the sunday. an my reply was, i will join u all if im not 2 tired after my day out on the sat. an she said, what u mean 2 tired to eat. the main problem 4 me on the sunday would be the motivation as u all prob know what thats like. i did go out last sat in the day with my daughter, an i felt quite good, i was tired that evening though. middle of the nite i woke an again another flare up of fibro, pain, stiffness, mega depression ect. sometimes i really dont understand it, so i suppose how do i expect others 2. all the best an jus keep doing what u can.
ladygriff58
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:56 pm

:welcome:

You dont realise how much care and support and understanding by family and friends is to us. Its so important yet most of us do not get. Its so fab that you have joined and supporting your sister :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Where to Say Hello