[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - 0 points awarded what to do next

0 points awarded what to do next

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

0 points awarded what to do next

Postby nicnacno » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Just received my letter from the esa after being on ib for the last 14 years and i have been awarded 0 points, after reading many of the forums on here i am unsure which route to take next for the best outcome should I phone them first or go to a Cab any advice would be apprecciated
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Re: 0 points awarded what to do next

Postby denys » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:28 pm

I would ring them and tell them you are going to appeal the decision and then phone CAB for advice on how to proceed, not sure if you have to put it in writing but tell the DWP you are waiting for an appointment with CAB. I'm sure someone who has been through it will be along soon to clarify :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lindaloola » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 pm

I also recieved 0 points but appealed and won. I contacted welfare rights who helped me to answer the questions in relation to my condition .highly recommended :-D
lindaloola
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 pm

My medical is in less than two weeks and I fully expect to be awarded 'nil points' also. Ring them and inform them that you will be appealing the decision. You then need to contact CAB or Welfare Rights asap and get help with processing the appeal. They will be able to advise you on the rest. Good luck :fingerscrossed:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby dianesmallwood » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:23 pm

hi every one :-D first time on here .. was wondering if someone could tell me wat cab is :-? dee
t
dianesmallwood
UKFM Member

Postby nicnacno » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 pm

citizens advice bureau
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Postby nicnacno » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Just phoned esa to tell them that I would be appealing the decision, they said they would look over the decision and see if they could get me up to the 15 points needed they also said that they would contact me today by 5pm :fingerscrossed:
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 pm

:goodluck1: nic
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nicnacno » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:16 pm

No phonecall they are full of promises :evil: I will be back on the phone first thing again in the morning
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Give them hell Nic hate it when people promise and dont follow through :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby MCT » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Ask for an appeal form and get to the CAB asap, reconsiderations are automatically done when you put in an appeal. Be very careful of phone calls from DWP & ask that they only contact you in writing.

While doing some Twitter campaigning for the Responsible Reform (Spartacus) Report I came across an email from the Benefits and Works website which contained the following members only information:

"Claimants employment and support allowance (ESA) and disability living allowance (DLA) appeals can now be withdrawn simply by a decision maker telling a tribunal clerk, without providing any evidence whatsoever, that the claimant told them on the telephone they no longer wished to carry on. The shock change to the principle that appeals can only be withdrawn by the claimant themselves, and only in writing, was introduced last month in a bid to reduce the growing backlog of appeals."

Someone from the Spartacus campaign has found another online version of it: http://www.limbcare-parliament.org/ so you can read the full article there if you aren't a member of B&W.
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Woodentop » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Let us know how you get on. I'm fully expecting 0 points from my medical which I had a week last Friday. They told me it would be about 2 weeks before I heard anything. I really pushed the 'it's not so much what I can do now as what I will be like after I've done them' and I really wish they could have seen me over the next couple of days after it.
One word of warning about the CAB though. Make your appointment with them in plenty of time -they are really busy at the mo with all the people with debt problems. Also, check that they have someone who can help you with your particular problem. I was messed around by my local CAB because they didn't tell me straight away that they have nobody qualified to help with form filling when I was doing a DLA claim, although I told them what I wanted the appointment for. It took them so long to tell me, I missed the deadline for returning the form and had no help from anywhere as we have no local welfare rights here. :goodluck2:
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Postby nicnacno » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm

I would like to thank everybody for their help so far. I phoned the esa this morning and spoke to someone else who had a completely different view and told me not to bother with the review and go straight for an appeal. So i have just been up to my local cab who were really helpfull and they have made an appointment for me for next Tuesday to assist in the filling in of the gl24 form. Also have an appointment Tuesday afternoon with my gp to get a medical certificate. Thanks again NIC.
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:44 pm

:goodluck1: got fingers crossed for you Nic
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nicnacno » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Haven't been on here for a while have just had my dreaded brown envelope to tell me that my tribunal is on the 29th of June . I feel sick with worry to attend the appeal, and working myself up already,don't know what to expect
nicnacno
UKFM Member

Next

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits