[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - FIRST TIMER HELP!

FIRST TIMER HELP!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FIRST TIMER HELP!

Postby cuppacool » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi guys, :-P :-P :welcome:

This is my first ever time on the forum and it feels so liberating to finally find so many other people like myself :-)

I have so many questions that I want to ask but i guess I should introduce myself first.

My name is Lexi and i'm 27 years old, i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in May 2011, and ever since then I have been living in a world of constant pain, fatigue and looks which question the validity of my condition. Doctors don't seem to care about me and are all to happy to give me countless prescriptions for pain killers, but do little to help me in discovering more about this condition (I'm not even sure if Im right calling it a condition!) and I have only just recently gone to see a consultant after 7 months of waiting. The consultant had little information to give me, other than I am hyper mobile and need to lose weight :nono: (I am 5'10" and 12 stone but overweight according to my overweight consultant :pigoink 1: ) which will help me with the pain and fatigue! To top it all off, i also have epilepsy, which causes fatigue when i have seizures. So as you can see my life is fun with both :!: :shooting:

I am still in full time work at the moment, working within an insurance based call centre 45 hours per week. I struggle to get up in the morning and want to fall asleep all of the time at work. The seats give me constant pain in my legs, and i suffer with chronic pain in my fingers due to typing all of the time :( I am always forgetting things, even peoples name's and I feel like it is some cruel joke that at 27 I am more like an OAP and barely able to stand at the end of a day. As a result, my weekends are spent sleeping or doped up to get over the week days. I am feeling incredibly lost and basically unsure of what to do next. I have so much time off work already and I know its going to be one more thing until I am let go. :f1-car:

I just want to know ir there is any help out there for me? how long did it take for you to get help? is there anything i can take to try and alieviate symptoms? and do you find it hard holding down a full time job, or have you had to go on benefits as a result?

I would appreciate any reply I get cos i just feel so alone at the moment with this condition.

thanks x :elephant:

PS sorry for all of the smilies, I got a lil carried away
cuppacool
UKFM Newbie

Re: FIRST TIMER HELP!

Postby MichelleJ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi Lexi, welcome to the forum. In answer to your question about work, I had to give up my job in october 2010 (I was diagnosed in sep 2010, symtpoms bad since may 2010). There was no way I could do it. I tried doing a bit of self employed work with them, I worked for avon, but even that was too much and haven't done anything now for around 12 months. I claim dla, esa (still trying to get this permantely though), and have had to claim on my mortgage insurance too.

I've found the pain clinic to be a massive help to me, your g.p can refer you. They tweaked my meds and started me on acupuncture, which for me has been the biggest success to date. I have it every 5 weeks now, all on the nhs. They also put me on a pain management programme to teach me how to cope with my pain which again was very helpful.

I take tramadol which i'm having to come off due to side effects. Also on amitriptyline (for sleep and pain), gabapentin for nerve pain, baclofen for muscle jerks, duloxetine for nerve pain. Also on mini pill to ease pmt effects on my fibro.

Everyone is so different with fibro but I know lots on here don't manage to work. I also suffer with chronic fatigue syndrome so the fatigue for me is a nightmare. For me i find exercise really hard, can hardly walk and everything hurts. I'm trying to do exercise in the swimming pool after a course of hydrotherapy.

Anyway, ask away, everyone is really friendly and happy to help x
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lexi

I have moved your post into "where to say hello" as its your 1st post.

Hope you find the forum helpful, we have lots of info and support on here. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:52 pm

welcome to the forum lexi :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shelleydwales » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:52 am

Welcome lexi :-D !!! Xx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby tazza » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:19 am

Hello Lexi :wave:
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Postby garytees » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Afternoon lexi spiky here :yikes: a lot of what you hav said in the forum was like my symptons and with doctors thinkin it was in my head and handing tablets out 2 me like they was smarties to get me out the door till at least the next month so maybe the only difference is i feel young but the pain level i live with is about 8 to 10 with chest neck etc with my fm moving all over my body which is 24/7 nearly everyday been going on for over 3 years now :swear1: makes me feel like a old man :beer: sometimes but you hav to somehow live your live and try and look on the bright side of life and dont ever let fm win just settle 4 a draw like i do :crazy: but as you will find in this forum we all hav fm and we suffer in so many and nasty ways and this is where this fourm is good 4 having a laugh letting off steam and knowing and understanding whats going on with the ups and downs off fm take care and :welcome: gaz.
garytees
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Lexi and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello