[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - esa end of the 13wks

esa end of the 13wks

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: esa end of the 13wks

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:03 pm

It does tire you out fliss, hope you can catch a few :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fliss » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:42 pm

well hi every1 me again iv received my call for the medical today and am havin a really bad time of it at the moment back ache,fatigue,shakes,headache ,knees r killin me,feel like my body wants to explode im dreadin the medical and the outcome,iv resorted to usin a wheelchair now and my hubby is tryin to find me a mobility scooter as im so depressed by stayin in for the last yr,im sostressed and worried that they will refuse me and that if they do we will end up bankrupt and to top it all im havin to appeal dla,has any1 got any advice for me as i dont know what to wear how to look etc im usually always in pjs or tracksuit as its easy to get on and over my leg straps,do i get my hubby to do my hair,do i try make myself look presentable,do itry sticks rather than wheelchair i just dont know ????????? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :cry: :cry: :cry: :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

If you're currently using a wheelchair then go to the medical in the wheelchair and explain that you're needing to use one at the moment. Be warned though - not all the medical assessment locations are wheelchair accessible (yeah i know it's insane). If you do go in the chair and it's not accessible I would stay in the chair, they're doing it to trip people up who can walk short distances to get them out of the chair and walk into the room.

I would wear easy, slip on clothes, so just go in tracksuit bottoms and a t shirt if that's what you normally wear.

I've got my medical a week on Sat. I'm going to wear what I normally wear which is a slip on warm dress with tights and slip on boots. I don't even own any trousers or jeans as they're so uncomfortable to wear (have never liked trousers, Dyspraxia. I also don't like people being able to see the shape of my bum so I wear dresses to hide it). I'm not going to put make-up on because most days I don't wear make-up now as I'm just indoors. I've had sleep problems since a baby (stopped napping at 6 months) so I have 23 years worth of dark circles under my eyes which show how tired I am and how I struggle to sleep. I want ATOS to see them. I'm not going to bother doing my hair, the most I do these days is have it in a rough ponytail or left down. I will probably get my Mum to help tie it up so it's not covering my chest and back for the medical as it's quite long and I'll explain that she did that for me. I'm not going to make the effort to shower and wash my hair before the medical either. I will literally just go as I look on the average day with no make-up and messy hair.

Unfortunately most of us like to make the effort to look nice when we see people or go somewhere but this can count against us in the medical. If you turn up with make-up on, dressed nicely with your hair etc done then they'll look at you and think that you can't be that bad if you can dress, do your hair and put make-up on. They won't care that someone may have helped you to do all those things, or that you will suffer the next day for the extra effort of beautifying yourself.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby scartlass » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:15 pm

I had my "medical" in november, my hair was a mess, hadn't washed it for 6 days as i just didn't have the energy, on the morning of the medical,my boy friend done me some boiled eggs and some of the yolk fell down my top which left a stain, i felt and looked so terrible i didn't want to go, but knew i had to, i got 6 points, which i was suprised with as i expected a big fat 0, on my medical report it said i looked well and was very presentable!!!! my boyfriend and i could not believe it we we saw the report, so i don't think it makes any difference what you look like, as it will always come back as "looking well and presentable"

i think we should all go live at the Atos medical centres and then we will all be cured as it seems when we are in there the Dr can't find anything wrong with us, just a thought

I wish all of you the best with your medicals

Mary
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 pm

MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:49 pm

We can take our own date stamped pics of ourselves on the day of the medical, showing how we looked. I'll get my Mum to take one of me before we leave, as we live so close and my camera puts the time on as well as the date we can show I wouldn't have had time to change, put make-up on etc.

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby fliss » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 pm

thanks for all the advice,roll on the 3rd feb,it took me an hr and half to get washed and dressed into a clean pair of pjs these past 2 days sittin on the floor as i was that dizzy,as this is wat i usually wear sometimes tracksuit bottoms a t shirt,iv told them im in a wheelchair and that my hubby needs to be with me as he usually cares for me as on the phone they asked if i was bringing any1 with me and i replied well of course as i dont go anywhere without him or my mum as i use a wheelchair and panic when im on my own she said that the panic thing wasnt on my questionaire so she added it for me.i too hav had terrible sleep probs from bein 4 i was given sleepin tablets as i had bad asthma and couldnt sleep for coughin and the pain with it.so i will be all dark eyed and sleppy she asked if there was anytime of the day that was best for me due to fibro tiredness so i said not really i still may fall asleeep durin the medical and she giggled and said u wudnt be the first so it put my mind at rest a little about the fact that i do just drop off sometimes in the middle of a sentence ill nap for a while the wake up and carry on with the last bit of the sentence not knowin iv been asleep lol i dont usually wear make up as it hurts to put it on so i wont try to,i usually wear slippers round the house but crocs outside as i can get them on half of the time my feet are swollen so normal shoes out of the ? hubby does my hair if i go out so think ill do it that mornin.if at anytime i feel dizzy whilst at the medical or if they ask me to do somethin that makes me dizzy shud i tell them or refuse to do what ever it is?as when i bend over,when i try to put my arms up straight above my head i go terribly dizzy do i do it and flake out or explain xxhugs to u all
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 pm

I would explain if you're having a dizzy spell and ask them for water and time out. If you don't feel you can do something because of the dizziness I would explain that you're having a dizzy spell and can't do it. if you bent down to touch your toes for example when dizzy it could cause you to faint, and you'd have to go to A+E to get checked out which would halt the medical. And they'd probs fail you for leaving half way through!

I heard on twitter that someone has allegedly been found fit by ATOS because he didn't fill in his ESA50 and attend the medical. This is because he is in a coma and hasn't received the ESA50 as he's in a coma and obviously couldn't attend the medical. His wife told the DWP he was in a coma, and sent them a letter from the Hospital to prove it but he's been deemed fit for work for not having 'due cause' not to send the ESA50 in and attend the medical.

I'm beginning to think that ATOS would find a corpse fit for work. I'm tempted to send my elderly cat to the medical in my place. She sleeps most of the day so they might decide that she's too ill because of that and pass me.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby fliss » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:49 pm

thats disgustin failin hm and hes in a coma.im gettin kind of worried now about it as i rely on the money havin lost my income from my job,we would probs lose the house,etc.and b4 people say its only 67 pound its 67 pound of bills and maybe a bit of food.hav had a terrible week this week and hopin i improve slightly before my medical,hav an appointment with my doc on fri hope he can help me xx :hugs: to all
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:40 pm

Don't worry, if they do fail you you can appeal and you'll still get the £67.50 during the appeal stage. It could be ever so slightly worse, if you were under 25 you'd only get £53.45 a week.

How people are supposed to live off so little I just don't know. And people say the welfare state discourages people from working because it's too generous!

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby fliss » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:37 am

i know and with all this 26k cap,my god what r these people claimin is there somethin im missin out on as all i get is esa,im hopin the 26k means that that is me on my own as hubby gets more than 26k but then our mortgage takes 1200 off straight away and then bills he ends up with just enough to put diesel in car to get him to work and back we dont go on hols and if we do its in our tourin caravan which we r going to have to sell and we only go local,we dont go out for meals or drinks as we cant afford to we have no social life and we dont spend money on clothes very often its ridiculous xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:54 am

The Lords have voted against the £26k cap.

The cap is for how much you receive in benefits though, it doesn't include earnings. It's made up of things like Housing Benefit etc.

So if say you were a single Mum, were a carer for a disabled child, lived in a Council House etc then the proposed cap would mean that your benefits (Housing, DLA, Carers etc) couldn't total more than £26k a year.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby fliss » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:43 pm

ah thank u i was thinkin them takin hubbys income into it then we wud be basically homeless as we need me pitence to help im hopin dla goes ok every1 on here has said get help fillin it in well itried and cab,disability help places and all hav said they rnt helpin with them anymore so iv struggled to fill the formsin today as my wrists were killin iv just had these last 2 days from hell,iv not slept,iv been dizzy ,iv had terrible uncontrolable twitches and muscle spasms to the point i sat on the floor in a heap sobbin for 2 hrs last night today has pretty much been the same except for fillin in the blasted form so probs will be a wapwapoops letter then a lengthy appeal or applyin again im just so fed up of life xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Where do you live hun? Feel free to pm me if you want advice on the form. Google can also give good advice for you as well.

I'm happy to tell you everything the CAB said to me about it. Don't despair, there's ways around it, nothing is insurmountable as my Mum always says.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby fliss » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:02 pm

thank u so much ldyalb iv just seen ur post iv sent it off hopin iv filled it in properly thank u for ur advice and ur friendliness xx
fliss
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits