ATOS previous medical biting me in the bum!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: ATOS previous medical biting me in the bum!

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:03 pm

I know the feeling, I'm also waiting for two brown envelopes, DLA and ESA. I had a letter saying they're writing to my GP two weeks ago. I'm now wondering if they will also write to my Rheumies.

Let's hope that no news is good news, at least they haven't just said 'no' straight away. Hopefully the fact that they're taking the time to write to your GP and your Consultant means that they're considering giving you some DLA :fingerscrossed:

I hope you hear soon, there's nothing worse than expecting a brown envelope to say yes or no, and then getting one which says 'we haven't decided yet' :pcsmash: :pcsmash: :pcsmash:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks Ldyalb however they did say no straight off, this is their re-consideration that is taking forever! I wrote a letter that was very polite, but had the undertones of telling them :nono: you haven't done your job properly! I enclosed photocopies of every consultant letter I had copies of, and told them everything I could think of as to how I am struggling. Oh well, just have to wait I suppose.....
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Let's hope you get a decent report from the Consultant and they finally see sense then :fingerscrossed:

No post at all came today so no brown envelopes to tell me my fate. It's like waiting for exam results :yikes: except worse. I just want to see what the ATOS Dr wrote about me and know whether or not I have to launch two appeals/an appeal/no appeals.

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm

:fingerscrossed: you get the right results twice. It's difficult but it's possible that they'll make the right difficult.

I would say that this is definitely worse than waiting for exam results. With exam results usually it's only a case of which work route we will take / university route. This is our whole lives that they are making decisions on. I hate this brown envelope feeling. I didn't worry about my exam results much. My heart sinks every time I see one on my mat. Oh well I guess that's what they want us to feel.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 pm

I have a feeling the ATOS medical will be the first 'exam' in my life I will have failed.

Even when I was convinced I wouldn't be able to go to Uni because I'd failed my Maths GCSE (passed by 2%, phew) I didn't feel this bad. I'd already formulated my back-up plan to become a hairdresser. No idea why I chose that - I'm Dyspraxic, I'd probably be a terrible hairdresser :lol:

I think that's why they have the brown envelope - so you see it on your doormat straight away and know it's the DWP :(

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits