Yet another brown envelope and yet no news

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Yet another brown envelope and yet no news

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 am

So post has just arrived. Had two letters - a brown envelope and one from ATOS. I thought 'fab, there's my medical report'.

Wrong. ATOS letter was to say they'd reimbursed me £5.50 travel expenses for the medical. What a waste of paper, for such a poxy amount I really don't care, or particularly need, or want, written confirmation.

The brown envelope was yet another 'sorry we can't tell you about your DLA claim' - this time they're writing to my Consultant. 3 weeks ago they wrote to my GP. It does beg the question - why not write to them both at the same time? Grr.

At best they haven't just said 'no' and it looks like they might be considering giving me some money. Writing to my Rheumy is a way to confirm this. At worst, my GP's letter tallied well with what I wrote and instead of giving me the money they've decided to write to my Rheumy in the hope that a bad report will mean they can just say no to me.

I'm going to ring up soon re: ESA as I was told a week ago last Monday to ring by the end of this week if I hadn't heard. I've had enough now. I just want to know if I have nil points or not!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: Yet another brown envelope and yet no news

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:23 pm

:hugs: It seems that their working somewhat quicker with you than with me. the Gp report and the consultants were a full month apart for me. :fingerscrossed: they come to the right decision with you.

It would beg the question as to why they can't write to them together, but you know they have red tape to go through most would actually working for them would agree with us - but they cannot tell us. I know that if they decide to write to my phsyio that she has already said she'll support me, but when or if they'll write is another question. We just have to wait, and wait we will until we get the 'no' and then we have to appeal and go through it all again. I hope you won't have to go through the appeal process.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby rachel285 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Keep it up everyone, it will be worth it in the end. I had to wait. a year for my appeal, and had it yesterday . The outcome was that I won, going from no award, to higher rate mobility and lower rate care. So it can be done, and persistence does pay off! Stay positive, you can do it!
rachel285
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:09 pm

:hugs:

It's funny you said that Rose, Mum was just saying at lunch that she's impressed with how quickly they've been doing stuff. She said she expected we'd wait months to hear, rather than weeks. They've had my form for about 5-6 weeks now. :fingerscrossed: we both get the right outcome. At least the longer it takes, the bigger the back-payment if it's a yes :-D

I'm feeling calmer now. I'm off to stay with my boyfriend tomorrow until Tuesday so I'm really hoping a letter doesn't come on Sat, Mon or Tues else I'll have to hear it over the phone from my parents. I won't be back until about 6pm on Tuesday and couldn't wait that long knowing there was a letter for me. But I know now not to expect DLA for a while, and hopefully ESA will come once I'm back.

Rachel - that is good news, aside from having to appeal of course. At least that's one mega back-payment for you :-D

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:44 pm

:woot: :woot: :welldone: Hooray for you Rachel!!!! Heres to us all winning :wine: :wine: (Where's the Whiskey???)
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby helenduffield » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Ldyalb, good luck with everything, and hope you have a lovely time with your boyfriend. If i was you i would ask my mum not to mention if there was any post-after all its only a couple of days-and lets face it if it was bad news-it would spoil your break-whats the sense in that, so just enjoy your cuddles! x
helenduffield
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Luckily I got a phonecall this afternoon - I've passed the medical and am placed in the WRAG :-D

So now I'll have an extra nice weekend as I can actually afford to treat myself to a nice meal out with my boyfriend. And maybe some bubble bath related goodies from Lush 8-)

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:51 am

great news rachel and ldyalb.

:-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits