[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New To Site

New To Site

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New To Site

Postby younga01 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Please help me I am new to this site and not sure how it works, in so much pain with this condition really need some help
Ali Young
younga01
UKFM Newbie

Re: New To Site

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:52 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum.

I've moved your post into here with it being your introduction one. There is a lot of info and advice on here, so if you have a look thru things, you may find some suggestions that could help you.

If you can give us some ideas about what you need some help with, we might be able to find some ideas for you. Same with the site, what are you unsure of with how the site works??

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

Sorry to hear you are in lots of pain.

Are you on meds?

We have lots of info and support on the forum so just ask any questions, someone will always answer. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Hey younga,
Welcome to the forum,have you been reading through ?? There's loads of info on here and,always a friendly ear xxxx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby younga01 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Thank you for your help i really need it, I have been in pain now for 3 and half years. 4 years ago I had a back operation and since then have experienced lots of problems initially they thought I had fluid on the brain, i would feel as though I had pressure on the brain and could not concentrate and would feel exhausted felt as though living in a fog, the pressure would start at the back of the neck and move over the eyes feeling really heavey. Passed out a few time in work one really bad.

Then had the following symptons pain in lower back, sides of hips, knees, upper body. I feel totally exhausted and my limbs are so heavey, I also feel as though I have no fluid in my joints and the crack all the time, I get internal burning frequently I also feel as though there is nerve firing through my body and also a feeling as though there is crawling underneath the skin. Everyday I experience discomfort and one or more of the symptons.

I am a mum of 4, 37 and feel as though I'm in a 90 year olds body. I had to give up my job and now have a part time job and so struggling to hold on to this. I had a major breakdown last year as just could not deal with it any more I am trying to help myself and it seems as though its a battle everyday. I am trying to focus on the postives and not be too hard on myself but this condition can really affect my moods.

I am on Citalopram 40mgs and Seroquel - due to the breakdown. I take Oil of evening Primrose and Garlic capsules, daily painkillers Glucosamine (does not seem to make any difference). I have been trying to fight this on my own the doctors have been hardly any help for ages they more or less said in was in my mind! I finally was reffered to a Rhuematologist and they have said I have FM and to see them in 6 months just gave me a small leafet and basically that there was nothing they could give me to treat it.

I have been looking at trying to help myself. I have stoped dairy products, smoking, drinking, drink more water, trying to eat healthy and have just ordered Lysosine and Co q10 I have heard about Guai for the treatment of FM not sure if to try it. Any help you can suggest would be great I am starting to look through the info thank you for replying to me
Ali Young
younga01
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi :welcome: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 pm

:wave: :wave: Ali, first of all :welldone: with managing to keep on working despite what you've been going thru, it takes a heck of a lot to keep going like you have been :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

With FM, altho it can't be cured, there are meds and treatments that can help with managing the condition, and with a bit of trial and error, it is possible to find the right combo of things for you so life is a bit more comfortable :hugs: :hugs: You might need to try a few things that may not work effectively for you before you find something that makes the difference you're looking for.

This linky tells you about the various types of meds used in managing FM If you have a look at the various types, see what you have already tried, then go and see your GP about what might be suitable for you to try. If your GP asks where you've been researching things, telling them that it's NHS Choices site should let them know that you've been looking at credible info. You could also see about having your other meds reviewed to see if there are more suitable alternatives to what you are currently on. If your GP seems uninterested and dismissive, then try a different one at your surgery to see what they are like.

As well as meds you could ask about various services and treatments. Some areas have pain clinics, so it might be worth seeing if there is something like that in your area that you could be referred to. Some FMers have found that physio can help them, others have found that hydrotherapy is beneficial, so that might be something else to look into as well.

In the mean time, you could try placing something like a hot water bottle wrapped up in a towel on areas that are painful, or try the heated wheaty bags that you zap in the microwave to try and ease things. A soak in a warm bath can help, and some have found that a tens machine can help as well.

Have you told your employer that you have FM?? If not, then it might be an idea to do so, that way they can help make your job as FM friendly for you as possible, which is something that they are legally obliged to do.

Is the Guai that you've mentioned the Guaifenesin Protocol?? If it is, it is something that has been mentioned on the forum at different times. When you start looking closer into these different protocols, there is as much info that contradicts the claims that are made, so an open mind might be the best way to approach it, if you decided to look further into it.

There are members on here who are trying various supplements, alternative/complimentary approaches to their FM, and there are several threads on the subject that might have some ideas and info for you. With you also taking prescribed meds as well, it is always best to check with a pharmacist or your GP to see about possible interactions between them. You're doing the right thing with trying to eat as well and healthily as you can, there are also some on here who are trying dairy/gluten/wheat free changes to their diet which you may find useful reading as well.

I think I've probably thrown enough in here for now :facepalm: :facepalm: Anything else you want to know about, even if you think it might be a bit daft or could have been asked before, just post it and hopefully we'll be able to point you in a suitable direction. If we can't, then there's always [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:32 pm

hi :wave:
welcome to the forum :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby younga01 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Thank you so much for the info you have given me its so good to hear from someone who also suffers x x :-D :-D
Ali Young
younga01
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello