[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DLA appeal on fri

DLA appeal on fri

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

DLA appeal on fri

Postby carolj » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi all i got my dla appeal on friday my first appeal for it i couldnt go but they adjourned it for medical reports, im taking my son in law with me , was wondering if any one can explain to me abit about what they will ask and also will my son in law be able to spk .my nerves are shattered at the min as my oh has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer and he goes for his first treatment on friday and i can not be with him cos of the appeal . xx
carolj
UKFM Member

Re: DLA appeal on fri

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Sorry to hear about your OH :hugs:

I've not been to a tribunal yet, am also appealing DLA. I believe your son in law will be able to speak, how much I'm not sure. I think you can say when you get there if you want to allow him to help speak on your behalf, or say he's there to prompt you if you forget things because of your Fibro Fog etc.

Make notes of the points you wish to raise at the meeting. If you also make a note of the page numbers of the form which you are referring to then that helps the panel to find the information you're referring to and can speed things up a bit from what I've read.

I know others have been through the process so hopefully someone will be along to give you an idea of what kinds of questions to expect. I think if I was in your position I'd google it as well - you may find posts elsewhere, or blogs, about what goes on in them which may help you.

:goodluck1:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Sorry to hear about your hubby. :hugs:
:goodluck1: with your appeal.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby VonniB » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:02 pm

I have few months to wait as I have just had my 1st failure to pass the ESA :( I only found out when I was not getting any money and had to ring up and was told, I have not had my report yet, I should have been notified weeks ago!

GOOD LUCK to you, sorry I can't help you on that, if you google there is plenty of help on line about this, my hubby found something, but just can't think of the name at the min, sorry.

Fingers crossed :goodluck2:
VonniB
UKFM Newbie

Postby rachel285 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi

I just want to reassure you about your Tribunal, I'm sure yu will be fine. I had mine about 3 weeks ago, and although it was tough, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The panel were fair and asked lots of questions, and I just answered honestly and fully. The worst thing is having to go hrough it all, yet again, which for me always is very emotional. They must be used to that though,because there was a box of tissues on the table! My husband was with me, but he didn't really say much, but he did speak, and they didnt stop him. The impression I got was that they just wanted to do the right thing, and get the truth. They weren't out to trip me up and catch me out. We were in there for about 45 minutes, they deliberated for about 5 minutes, then called us back in for the decision. The best bit was finding out that I had won. So it is all worth it, although the amount of obstacles put in your way is enough to deter most people.

I wish you all the best for Friday, be strong, be open, and hopefully you will get the right result. :goodluck2:
rachel285
UKFM Newbie

Postby lolabolla » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:23 pm

So sorry to hear your OH is unwell, hope all goes well for him.

Good luck for Friday, take care.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:22 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. My dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer 3 years ago he had surgery, chemo amd radiotherapy and is near enough back to normal. I wish you both all the best and please let us know how you get on. I also had to go to tribunal for DLA and the panel were absoloutly fantastic. At times it gets distressing especially if you are having to explain personal things, but don't worry if you get upset just try and explain things the way that they are. Don't feel rushed, go into as much detail as you are able, the more details they have the better your case. In fact i can remember being told to take as much time as i needed.

Usually the 1st question they ask is how you got there, try and elaborate on that explaining any difficulties that getting there caused you. They may ask you how far you can walk, again explain in detail how far and what problems you face doing this or repercussions later on. At the end of the day the panel are there to make a fair decision, they don't work for DWP so will make their decision on your case by what you are able to tell them and your application for DLA. If you are anything like me i can explain things much better face to face rather than on paper and some of the questions they ask you may just remind you about something you would otherwise not have mentioned. If in doubt tell them!!! If you are on medication please don't be tempted to take any extra medication just to get through the meeting as this may make you more able to cope but will not give a true picture on how difficult things really are.

Wishing you all the very best and will be thinking about you and your husband.

Millymoo :-) xx :goodluck2:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:11 pm

My CAB lady told me today about this website

http://www.justice.gov.uk/about/hmcts

It basically explains the tribunals service. May be useful for you (or anyone else facing an appeal).

Let us know how you get on :fingerscrossed: you get the right decision. :goodluck2:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby carolj » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi all well went to the appeal, it was not a nice experience at all ,but i got low rate mobility and low rate care, for 3 years but as its been 18 months it will end in august 2013, just waiting now to hear when appeal is for esa , i have appealed to go in support group but not sure i will get in it now. hugs to all and ty all for your help and advice and being there for me .xxx
carolj
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Glad you've won your appeal carol :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Hopefully the people dealing with your ESA appeal will see the decision about your DLA and it will help with the right decision being made for you :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:47 pm

congratulations carol - good news.

hope that goes some way to making your life easier. take care. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits