[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:05 pm

:welcome: to all the newbies i have missed :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby hunktrees » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi all, yep im a newbie to this forum. I have recently been diagnosed although have had and treated for PA and OA in the past the docs say i have Fibro too. HEy why not add another to the list,lol

I am 39, have a partner and 2 cats, Lily and Jack. We live in Norfolk a great place for my hobby of birdwatcing.

Anyhow just to say hi and introduce myself, will see you about thats for sure.

Love n hugs,xx

Clare xx
hunktrees
UKFM Newbie

Postby charlilou41 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:58 am

Hi I'm new on here, I have been diagnosed with fibro and restless leg syndrome. I've had fibro around 5 years and rls about a year. I work 3 shifts a week but that's all I can manage with being a mum and running a home. Just wanted to say hi . X
charlilou41
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:23 pm

:welcome: hunktrees & charlilou :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:49 pm

oh my word lots of newbies, :welcome: to the forum I'm sorry you are all suffering but so glad you have found us. Hopefully we can offer you the support you may all need :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby PulchraPuella » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi,

My name is Cassie. I'm 30, married and have a son who will be three in June. I was diagnosed last October and I thought I'd be fine. I was so happy that I finally had a diagnosis, I don't think I cared what it was. I figured I'd be fine because it wasn't as bad as what some people have, but it's gotten worse. Reality finally hit me pretty hard when I was getting down on the floor to play trains with my son and he saw me wince. He looked at me with concern and said, "Mummy. You in pain." I wanted to cry. I've avoided online discussion boards because I'm rather socially awkward, but I know I need to do something so that I stop feeling so angry and sad about this all the time and so that I understand more about what is happening to me.

~Cassie
PulchraPuella
UKFM Member

Postby soprano » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi I'm Shirley and recently been diagnosed with FMS having been in pain for years. I am a 55yr old mother to 5 kids and I look after my grand daughter who is 2. In a funny/sad way she will get up off the floor and say Ow ow ow :-)
She also sings "the wheels on the bus" with the added verse of Grandmas on the bus say Ow ow ow :-)
I feel a tad better with knowing what is wrong, I now just have to learn how to cope with it.
soprano
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi Cassie and Shirley and :welcome: to the forum :wave: Cassie you dont have to be awkward on here as you are annonymous so just be yourself without the worry :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum Cassie & Shirley :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Marlou » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:32 pm

HI :-)

My name is Marlou, im 39 and have suffered for years with fibromyalgia , only got a proper diagnosis last year and am on Lyrica.
I am married to my lovely husband who is very very caring and has to help me loads. I have a beautiful pup called Gracie who keeps me company while my husband works full time.
I also suffer with Bipolar, I dont get out much , but love to craft when im able. Card making and jewellery making inbetween flare ups.
Glad to have found a support forum were people understand this dibilatating illness.
I have my own blogspot and thoroughly enjoy it :-D http://scrappingwithlove.blogspot.com/

Marlou
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 pm

:wave: :wave: Marlou, Shirley, Cassie, and anyone else I may have missed :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

:welcome: to the forum, hopefully you'll will find that we're friendly and supportive and will try to help you with anything you're wondering/wanting to know about :clap: :clap: :clap:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look thru things, and who knows, you may find something that makes a little difference to how you feel :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Marlou » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks guys :-D

:bear-dancing:
Marlou
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:30 pm

:welcome: to the forum Marlou :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Marlou » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks Shazq :wave:
Marlou
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi Marlou and :welcome: to the forum glad you have found us and hope we can help when you need it :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello