[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby lala1626 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:09 am

hi, thankyou for your support already im so glad i found this site, its so nice to have people who actually understand what im going through
my boyfriend is fab and he helps me with almmost everything, i sometimes get scared and think about if he ever gets sick of doing it, but he knows that look on my face and tells me that he would love me no matter what and all he wants to do is make sure im ok, never actually realised how amazing he is until im writing this (sorry mushy moment)
does anyone else ever think they would love to give it to the people who dont understand and think its all in your head just for a day and then they would know how it feels and how difficult it is! (wishful thinking i know,)
anyway thankyou all so much for being here making me feel better about the whole thing more and more every day, its nice to have people who understand!! as its a rare thing to come by,
big hugs to everyone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :-D :hugs:
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 pm

:welcome: to the forum Michelle :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby KimShaw » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi all

My name is Kim. I'm 38 and live in Tunbridge Wells with my hubbie, daughter (5) and son (3). I was diagnosed with FM yesterday. I was told 12 yrs ago that I have osteo-arthritis, but this diagnosis has now been disproved and FM it is!
From the very little amount I have read so far, its nice to know that my varying symptoms are linked and its not me 'going mad'!

Look forward to readimg more on this forum.
Bye for now
x :-D
KimShaw
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:08 pm

:welcome: to the forum Kim :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Kim and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Radar8407 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm Nicola or Nic. Whichever you prefer . :) I am 27 and I live in Port Glasgow which is a small town just outside Glasgow. I was diagnosed with FM this afternoon! I don't really know what to expect but I will take it in my stride and deal with whatever the condition throws at me! On the way to the hospital, I met a woman at the bus stop who has the condition and she said I should consider the possibility of having the condition but I wasn't sure what to think. The doctor nearly had to pick me up off the floor when he said I had FM!!!!

I have various interest includes reading, writing (those are depending on when I can concentrate and pay attention for long enough!), watching sports (cricket, wrestling, baseball and rugby), watching movies, listening to music (I love most types of music) and I also love animals. I have a Yorkshire Terrier called Mack and he's 1. I also have a guinea pig called Bourbon and he's 3.

I was working in an insurance company up until last year. I lost my job just before Christmas. Right now I am not working as I have been trying to find out what is up! I would like to be able to work again but I am not sure what to expect with the FM.

I hope you all don't mind me joining the forum having just been diagnosed!

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Nic xx
When your life feels lost. Fight against all odds! Never give in. Never back down!
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:19 pm

:wave: :wave: Kim and Nic :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info on here, hopefully some of it will help answer some of the questions you have whizzing around after being told you have FM. We try to support each other thru the rubbish that comes with FM, as well as :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: when there is something positive to celebrate :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Radar8407 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Thank you very much for the kind welcome. I love all the smileys you used there! Made me smile! I have to admit, I was actually impressed the Rheumatologist knew what it was just by touching different pressure points. I am feeling all the poking and prodding now!
When your life feels lost. Fight against all odds! Never give in. Never back down!
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Sounds like you fell lucky with the rheumatologist you saw, a lot of them can be rather dismissive of the condition that they are supposed to have knowledge about :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: You will feel the poking and prodding for a while unfortunately as it takes so much longer for us to get to get back to a point where the hurtyness is more manageable :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

We're rather proud of our smilies collection :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: And they help bring a little personal :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to our posts :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut: :squirrel_nut:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Radar8407 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:17 pm

The Rheumatologist was brilliant. He listened to everything I said and was very patient with me. The lady I was speaking to before my appointment was diagnosed with it 4 years ago and she's had the symptoms since she was 30 and she's in her 60s now. I am really happy he was on the ball today. I do feel pains for longer so that's no surprise that I will feel this for a couple of days. I can't take co-codamol as I feel sick on those and paracetamol doesn't help. I don't know what alternatives there are to help me.

Yes the smileys really do make a difference! :penguin:
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum Nic :wave:

We have lots of info on here to help you to get your head around it all. Any questions just ask :bear-dancing:

Here is a link of some meds used to help control fibro, if you have a good Gp you could print it off and go through it with them to find a suitable medication, sometime it can take a combo of meds to get the pain under control.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Radar8407 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Hello Shazq :wave:

Thanks for the link! I will keep this in mind and I will show my GP. She wants to try me on 10mg first as per my Rheumatologist's request. I am sure I will have lots of questions as soon as I get my head around everything. You all seem lovely and thanks for everything!

Nic x
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:52 pm

:hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: Nic, we try to keep the forum as friendly and welcoming as possible as it can be rather daunting when someone first joins :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: It doesn't seem to take long to settle into the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: either :shock: :shock: 8-)

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Radar8407 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:24 pm

I feel very welcome here! You're like a little virtual family that understands FM! Yes I think I will settle in just fine, I am totally :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: myself! :grouphug: :grouphug:

Thanks again! :mrgreen:
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi Nic and :welcome: to the forum :wave: glad you have found us :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello