[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby Radar8407 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Thank you Denys! I am glad I found all of you too! :) :hugs:
When your life feels lost. Fight against all odds! Never give in. Never back down!
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby leannehurts » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:58 pm

hiya everyone im leanne im 31 and have suffered with fm since i was 11 i also have hms,i have 3 kids 8,6,and 3 wish i could do more with them :cry: ,i worked for a utility company since i was 17 until 2 years ago when i became too ill to work..i loved that job.i have the best hubby in the world who has to put up with my illnesses he does so much for me still isnt it funny that no matter who you have around you or how many people how alone you can feel i never talk like this and it feels quite good to share it anyway i look forward to speaking to you all soon and hope your having a good eve xxx
leannehurts
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:23 pm

:wave: :wave: leanne and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It can be quite liberating letting the things out that you have been keeping inside you, and on here we all understand what it is you're experiencing and going thru :grouphug: :grouphug:

That feeling of loneliness can be very upsetting, esp at those desperate and black times when it seems there's no way thru or out of where you are :( :( :(

On here, you'll find a lot of info and advice, hopefully there will be some bits amongst it that you find helpful :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: We try to help support each other as well :wave: :wave:

There are a few members on here who have HMS along with FM, so you're in good company :clap: :clap: :clap: Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby leannehurts » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:28 pm

made me smile that message :-D thankyou and i think it will be good for me on here xxx :grouphug: thankyou xxxx
leannehurts
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum Leeanne :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby be_dazzle » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:15 am

Hi All
I'm Tia, 32, female. Work in a stressful environment!
I've been ill for 2 years and have now been diagnosed with FM and disk disease.

I have my good and bad days, but at present more bad then good!
be_dazzle
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tia :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sa_1967 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi all,

Never done this before, but here goes. I'm 45, diagnosed Dec 2011 with Fibro along with vitamin D deficiency, carpol tunnel, irritable bowel and bladder, depression and ongoing spinal issues (incl. disc removal) etc etc. I haven't worked since end of November last year which I'm finiding hard - stuck in the house all day everyday - going brain dead.

I'm sturggling - I wouldn't accept ita at first, wanted the old me back - which wasn't going to happen. I have read about flare ups, yet I haven't got any better since leaving work. I'm still stressed now about lack of finances, what I can't accomplish on a daily basis.
I can't sleep even though I'm on sleepers. I can't control the pain even though I'm on slow realease morpnhine tablets, liquid morphine, co-codamol, amitryptalene, blood pressue tablets (x2 lots), anti=depressants, vit d tablets, pain killers and other tablets for that dreadful time of the month, sleeping tablets etc etc - jesus, I should rattle and sleep like a baby - but no!.

If it's not my neck givening me grief (bulging disc) or my lower back hurting (awaiting another MRI as unsure if another disc has prolapsed), then my hands and wrists hurt from teh carpol tunnel.
I know we all have pain from head to foot, but I keep reading everything going and am willing to try anything and I do mean naything that will help with this pain.
I sit and cry most evenings, not knowing what to do with myself or where to go to get away from the pain. Yes, I have thought about ending it all, as I feel a burden to my partner and to be honest the thought of going through all of this another day fills me with fear.

I don't know how others seem so positive all the time - I feel guilty for having these thoughts but I can't keep going.
I ahve learnt to pace and I'm pushing myself more and more each day to try and do "normal" things and then end up in tears wanting to hack parts of me off to stop the pain, pins and needles etc. My GP isn't understanding - one of the docs in the practise pretty much told me not to come back and see him again - I even heard myself apologising to him for being so awkward????!!!!????. What Have I Come to!"!!!!. My rhuemy consultatn who diagnosed me last Dec 2011 has now dumped me this month saying apologies, but there's nothing more i can do for you -s o what now????????????.

Is this it - a life of pain and misery- i'm 45 but feel like I'm on the scrap heap. My company aren't doing anything to try and help me go back - as I said I'm a burden a hinderance now. Aplogies for ranting, but no family and as I have come to find out - no friends either.
I can't talk to my partner as they don't understand - so most of the time I sit at home, everyday with no one to talk to and my head going in to overdrive.
Apologies. Sarah.
Sa_1967
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sarah :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:48 pm

hi sarah :wave:

welcome to the forum :-D
you have found a life line here
don't apologize for anything we need to get things out and this is the best place for it as we all
understand how you feel :(

first off i think you are stressing to much and need to calm down
fibro loves stress so your feeding it :yikes:

i no its hard but try taking one day at a time, don't think about anything but yourself
just for a few days and see if that helps to calm you.
have some you time and be nice to yourself :-D

i am just the same as you being on your own every day, what are friends :roll:
just shows they were never friends in the first place :roll:

can you find a new gp to see? you need one that will understand you and your fibro
its so much better when you have that support, even though there is not much they can do for us

please try to calm down sarah it dose help :hugs:
loads of stuff on here for you to read
and now your not on your own with this evil illness.
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:00 pm

:wave: :wave: Tia and Sarah :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

The boards are full of info and advice about all sorts of things we've come across with FM, so hopefully you'll find some useful ideas in amongst the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

We try to support each other thru the mayhem that comes with FM, knowing that there is somewhere to come, ask questions and find things out can be like loubie has described, a life~line in the those dark and scary times :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask. We'll try to help you with an answer, and if we can't, you can always have a cuddle with :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi to all the newbies I have missed and :welcome: to the forum :wave: Sarah just a quickie, you really need to find a new doc as Loubie said, cos I think you need help coming to term with things. Have you been offered any of the talking therapies??? or a pain clinic etc??
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pauline » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Thought I would update a few details about myself. I started as a member on this site way back in 2005. I have illnesses on illnesses one of which is fibromyalgia. I am now 58 years of age, married with 2 grown up daughters, one of which has fibromyalgia. I am grandmother to 2 adorable children aged 5 years and 3 years of age. I am married to a wonderfull man who unfortunately has not been well for the last few years. I live in Lancashire, in a very cold and very wet place. I try to have a positive outlook on life though as we all know this isn't always possible, but we do try don't we. I have seen people come and go on the site some not so good and some truly wonderful people. I myself have had times when I have not been in a position to post for whatever reason, but have found whenever I return there are always wonderful people like yourselves willing and wanting to offer support to other fibromites. I look forward to getting to know everyone and to hopefully helping others in whatever way I can :-D .................Pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby tansy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi my name is Catherine, i'm new to this forum so not quite sure how to go about things :oops: so thought an introduction would be in order. I am 57 years old, married with two grown up children, 4 grand children and a gorgeous little jack russell dog. I have had fibromyalgia for 13 years but was ill for several years before the doctors told me what was causing all my symptons. I also have osteo arthritis in my feet, knees, one hip and my hands. At the moment I am feeling quite low because of not being able to do the things around the house that need doing, and being almost bed bound for several days after trying to do too much. :( I also feel quite isolated as i live in Redcar North Yorkshire, and my children and grandchildren live in Darlington which is about 30 miles away and as i don't drive i usually have to rely on the train to get across to see them. Anyway that is why I decided to go on line and find a forum to join, to meet other people in similar situations and nattter with them. My hobbies include digital photography, patchwork and quilting, and machine embroidery. so here goes with my first post :-)
tansy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm

:wave: :wave: pauline and :welcome: :welcome: back :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Hopefully you'll find that we're still as informative, supportive, friendly and :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: as when you were last on here :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

There have been a good number of members who have come and gone whilst I've been on here as well, and like you have found, some of them were rather special. And we also get our fair share of the not so special ones :-? :-? :-? :-?

Hope to see you around the boards :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello